Totally Fucked Myself Over Into Getting A Citation

Discussion in 'General' started by mappynappy, Apr 18, 2014.

1. #1 mappynappy, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Ok so earlier tonight me and my friend were smoking at the local park around midnight, then bam out of no where these cops show up. Now they caught us red handed, me hiding my friends bong in my jacket. Got searched and everything I had nothing on me other than the bong. So of course they found a mini roor under my jacket. Then we got cuffed and everything, but however this is what pisses me off. I got charged with possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to use or something. But that's all I was charged for on my citation. It's my friends piece not mine, so isn't it his. I didn't want to be a dick though there and rat him out and add to his growing list of charges like had a G on him, had a grinder. Your guys thoughts on this?

2. You didn't fuck up cause you stood up for a friend. I mean you only got a citation. Better then being locked up for a felony. Guess for now on just smoke in a more discreet place cause if anything we all know parks are full of Feds now a days so it's a pretty hot boy spot. Try using blunts outside rather carrying a bong & possibly breaking it. Bongs are ment to be inside safe. Can't risk glass & concrete grounds lol

3. You were in possession of it, hence being charge with possession. Sure you could've thrown your pal under the bus, without much shame honestly since it was his but you did the right thing IMO.

I never realized how stupid smoking at a park was until they built one next to me. I have smoked daily for well over a decade and still find myself hating potheads. I'll never call the cops but can easily see why people would. Not really towards you OP, sorry for venting. Chances are you don't smoke at my park so I don't really care what you do ;)

4. Lol growing list of charges.

:bongin:

5. #5 mappynappy, Apr 18, 2014
    By the way my friend got off going to a detention center for the night i believe since he's a minor. He's only 17, I'm 18 so not breaking the rules. Would possesion of paraphernalia of added much to his charges as a minor?

6. Everybody thinks you did your friend a favor. Nobody likes a rat but at the same time it's your friends bong.

He should've manned up and confessed that it was his. He already gotten other charges what's one more?

To put this Into perspective, if you broke that bong of his. If you clearly broke it and it was 100% your fault, your friend probably would have made you pay him for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Everyone says you did the right thing, and that may be true. But now your acting like a little bitch, trying to place blame on some one else. Your reactions make you appear un-trustable. If i had a friend that acted like you they would be out of my life quick. No room for question what the other guy will do when the heat comes down.

8. #8 lFourTwenty, Apr 18, 2014
    Lol OP..never tell on your friends

He got the worst of the charges anyway, and you were both smoking and got caught, so why you think you should get away without any charge while your friend gets all of them? You don't seem like a real friend lol

shouldn't have been smoking in the park to get caught in the first place..but you already know that by now  :smoke:

9. You did the right thing, your friend the wrong. He should have claimed his piece, for exactly the same reason you didn't rat him out.

10. Your friend is a fucking pussy man. It's HIS bong so HIS responsibility.

11. He should've manned up, but, who in the world brings a bong to a park? And at midnight? You guys were just asking to get caught.

12. To those saying the charges should have all been put on the friend... weren't they both smoking? Hell, it seems like the OP was getting smoked up (friend had the bud, grinder, and owned the bong). 

Would it have been nice if the friend jumped up and tried to take all the charges? Sure. But I don't think it should be expected. Besides, if you (OP) had the bong on you, I don't think the officer would have cared who technically "owns" it. 

13. #13 Stride420, Apr 18, 2014
    Kids. But it's all good life's a learning experience maybe next time he'll think twice about smoking illegal drugs out in the open like that. And yes op your friend should have confessed that its his.

14. But if they were BOTH going to use it, and BOTH going to smoke marijuana, is it really only his responsibility? 
    The fact that the bong was the friend's is all the more reason why he should take less of the blame, because the friend is giving a product to be used for free; the OP is mooching. (Well not mooching, that's a strong word- "using" I guess)

15. That's fucking stupid. It's his friends bong.. Not his. It's not his property.

You don't let a friend go down because you don't want another charge that will most likely be dropped anyways..

That's called being a pussy.

16. Yeah never go to public parks to smoke. Ever.

Always go to secluded woods, or a house. 

Oh, and your friend should have admitted it was his bong. That's what I would have done. 

17. That's nice and all but it is ultimately his friends bong. It was his choice to take it to the park so therefore yes it is still his responsibility. I know if I'm taking MY bong somewhere out in public I wouldn't let that blame fall on someone else. Doesn't matter who was using it or what the officer cared who owns it or not. Do the courts care if you get a parking ticket and the name of the person registered on the car is someone else?

18. I would take a bullet for my friend, much less take the charge for possession. I was just wondering if it would of gone down differently. We should of just ran I feel. God damn never smoking in a park again. It could of been a lot worse I feel tho. I hope y'all don't think I'm a snitch bitch

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Stay after class and write 500 times, "Just say fuck it"

20. Lol the thing you don't even realize is that even if you would have thrown your friend under the bus, the cops probably would have just booked you for a DUI or some other bullshit. They don't let anyone just get away after they straight up catch them smoking. You're an idiot for doing it in public anyways but that's just obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum