1St Time Grower Help Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Hey, im new to this and I am not sure if I am doing this right. please tell me if it is looking good so far. I do not have the information for the lights that i am using with me. I will add that when i have it in front of me. I am in 1 week in. does this look good? it is a dwarf autoflower strain in the seedling tray and the one in the green pot is a bag seed i believe is an OG kush. 

i germinated in the paper towel and they have been in the trays a week. when do i move them o a pot like the other one. 
    for a dwarf autoflower do i need a big 3 gallon pot for them. also i know i need to go over my paint again. I am just waiting on the time to do it. I have used no nutes yet. when should i and what is a good brand? 

and the boxes in there are just to have the plant closet to the light. I built this box and did not think it all of the way through. as soon as i understand the process better ill invest more money. 

Attached Files:

2. please help...

3. Your seedlings look good.  Why didn't you put more dirt in the green pots?  Transplant your little ones when they have healthy root growth- I personally would go to three gal. pots, full to within an inch of the top.  There are many nutrient formulas out there.  I would pick one and follow directions.  I use hydro and General Hydroponics nutes.
    With an Auto I typically would start in the pot they are going to grow in to avoid the stress of transplanting in a plant with a quick grow cycle. I would go with the three gallon pots.  Good luck.

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398082141.076251.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398082152.194039.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398082164.945099.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398082174.862432.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398082183.379825.jpg

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

5. Get ur lights closer

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #8 Joker11211952, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    In that green pot put some more soil to surround the stem of your plant so it's covered almost up to the leaves. That will help support it and make it not so leggy. Putting the light closer as already suggested.

7. Thank you!!

8. I thought to do that and sum1 said my stem would rot from too much moisture.

9. I've done it and no worries. :smoking:

10. Same. My seedlings usually stretch so when I transplant I bury till the cotys are just above the medium

As far as the gallonage for your pots, a goof rule of thumb is a gallon for every month you are vegging