First Time Grow, Got The Clone Today What Should I Do Next?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by swishestk, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Hello!

I'm new to the forum and to the world of weed culivation.  I've been wanting to grow for awhile now and I went down and got a clone today.
    20140417_182759.jpg
    20140417_182750.jpg

I'm told that this 10" plant is around a 'teenager' and could be over two weeks old already.  I have been keeping it by the open window for airflow since I brought it home a few hours ago.  Meanwhile I've cleared out a 4 - 1/4 gallon bucket to eventually transplant into, only putting soil about a 4th of the way full.  

My plan is to move the plant outside during the day for sunlight, then housing it inside my shed overnight.  I've yet to set up or find which lights I will need to make this work.

As for watering I've only poured about half a glass of water into the small pot its in since It's been home,  the dirt is dry and seemed to absorb it very quickly.  I'm still trying to determine what would be the most efficient and effective method for watering.

I'm posting all of this to make sure I haven't overlooked anything crucial to get this baby going right, any tips or tricks would be very much appreciated

Thanks!

-swishy

2. First of all, welcome, you are doing it right.

Secondly, look around at all the guides and stuff and just read and get a feel for what's going down.

make sure to check the PH of everything that plant comes into contact with

Other than that, I am sure my fellow blades will soon come to your rescue, especially trying to move it everyday

Lights aren't too pricey for a half decent setup 

Either way, put some light on that bad boy, it looks like a top notch clone and I would say two weeks is about right, maybe closer to three. 

3. #3 swishestk, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Thanks Corn Man,
    20140418_160214.jpg
    I filled the bucket with half fresh garden soil and half outdoor soil today and transplanted the clone about an hour ago, it's looking good and has had some time in direct sunlight with a light breeze going.  I drilled five holes around the side of the bucket and three on the bottom, hoping that will be enough to drain excess water.

I'm going to stop by the hardware store to pickup a hydrofarm 60-watt clamp-light, the one I found on amazon was about 20 bucks and I think that should do for right now while housing it indoors.

Thanks for the tips, will stay posted on progress