Beginner Looking For Help Growin Cannabis

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by uneedskills, Apr 18, 2014.

1. hey, i recently came across some seeds, and im looking into planting them now....ive never grown cannabis before...im looking for beginner help. 
    i know how to germinate and im growing in canada bc.
    im basically looking for a experiance pot grower to give me a few tips/ point me in the right direction with fertilizers/soil/lights/ph levels, please explain yourself well, thank you!

2. Oh man, these kinds of posts are plentiful tonight. Try to stick with specific questions, but to answer the ones you have up.

Fertilizers, Advanced Nutrients is top grade IMO, but I have never heard things about fox farms trio

Use Ocean Forrest Soil if you are going that way, others work fine too, as long as it's for growing and not stuff from your back yard.

As far as your PH, if you can keep both your soil and water at 6.5, you will never run into any problems, assuming that you are doing soil

Lights are straight forward as well, Just go off of lumens and not watts. I like to do 10,000 Lumens per plant. 

3. #3 snoopdog6502, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Get some solo cups with potting soil, bury the seed just under the surface 2-3 MM, water and cover with a sandwich bag and put in a warm spot, like on top of a water heater or cable box..

When you see sprouts take the bag off and keep under lights constantly.

it is that easy to get started so do it now.

4. #4 uneedskills, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014

5. I looked into getting a PH testing kit also...so basically snooop just do that then throw them in bigger pots? and into my grow box under some lights with max lumens...also do i germinate the seeds first?, dont water too much keep the soil moist but not too wet and see my babies grow? Thanks for the replys!

You can soak or germinate the seeds with paper towels but its ok to skip a step. Sound like you can get started pronto.

You know, I grew for 30 years without a PH tester. Only when I went to hydro did I use one and even now its like once every 2 weeks.
    Its nice to have but not all that necessary.

some good advice to a new grower is get them started and do not fuss over them. They have water and the lights are on just ignore them and before long they will be big old fuckers.

In the last few months I have talked with some noobs and you see thier shit now they have big stinky bushes in they rooms. Its so cool to see other peoples grow launch and kick ass. :D

you can do it.

7. Sweet man! :) ill get started ASAP ill keep you all updated with some pictures soon hopefully! going to try and figure out a good soil then plant them tomorrow hopefully!

8. germinating some seeds right now, also came across some miracle gro .14-.14-.14 
    anyone know if i can even use this soil? gonna also try the solo cup with a bag over with a couple seeds

9. #9 snoopdog6502, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014

Miracle grow soil works fine, used it for years..

Now the effectiveness of miracle grow will stir a huge debate but I did use it for years with no problems at all. Just never overfeed, read the directions and follow them. it does a great job just dont let the pot snobs know. LOL

Im using way cheap shit, Shultz 10-10-10 now in soil with Alask mor-bloom 0-10-10 for flowering. no kidding less than $20 in fertilizer will last me 5+ years.

The truth is the fuckers will sell you a bottle of shit for $50 thats not all that much better than the $6 bottle.

Lights, temperatures,soil & water quality are big factors on how well it goes. Most noobs use way too much plant foods. Keep that in mind.

The very food that will help your plant will also kill it.

Plant a few, some do better than others and if a couple dont make it the strong ones will be there to take over.

10. #10 uneedskills, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Sweet! gonna get a few going asap then! now onto the temp whats a good solid temp? and also once i hit flowering should i be using a 0-14-14 then? or does it not really matter, just a blooming soil? and any suggestions or food? or shall i just follow most of what they say on the package of miracle grow?
    Also with the bag over the solo cup method,
    do i put any holes in the solo cups? and while the bags over the cup should i keep the soil moist still?

11. Sow your seeds directly into your soil, you dont have to pre-germ them.

Many organic growers dont even bother using pH, or TDS meters, Hydroponics owners on the other hand, all do. just something to keep in mind when considering how much effort and time you wanna put into it.

"Hempy bucket" "bubble bucket" <-read about these.

Fox Farms ocean forest, or Fox farms Happy frog for soil and fox farms trio for nutes is a safe bet for a noobie, very forgiving, and if you mix 50/50 FFOF and FFHP you dont even have to feed for 2-4 weeks.

brains learn best by experiencing things directly, so just remember, weed is hardy and each harvest you finish you will learn many things that make next round easier.

12. its been a few days now, my lil baby is growing, its looking pretty good ( ithink) ill hopefully keep you all updated with pictures later today or tomorrow, also whats a good light time schedule or should i just leave the lights on 24 hours?

24 hours a day for the first few weeks makes a plant shorter and bushy.