Butane Torch Is Freaking Out

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TrailBlazin, Apr 18, 2014.

1. I don't believe that. If its true then your taking 15-30 dabs a day, theres no way one butane can lasts you for a month of 500-1000 nail heat ups.

2. #22 Omega369, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Hey Mike,

Sounds like your butane lighter is releasing too much fluid.

Your butane lighter has a flame control on it, so you are going to want to turn that to maximum before you start working on it.

Look at the part where you plug the butane refill can into.  Should be a tiny circular thing with two notches in it (where a tiny flathead screwdriver can fit).  You are going to want to rotate that clockwise using a flathead screwdriver or knife.

Common mistake when people are refilling their butane lighter is the can rotates this part and unintentionally turns the screw which will turn up or down your flame.

Here is a pic of what I mean:
    [​IMG]

3. It's the butane.  You have to use the really good butane from Newport for basically anything that needs butane.  Anything impure will start to clog the emitters.  

4. Power 5x and Vector have always been plenty pure enough for my torches. Save the Newport for extracting.

5. #25 WildWill, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Yeah, probably true for torches.  I use newport in my iolite because it's now the only butane they'll accept if you need a replacement unit (and I've already replaced my unit once)

6. Oh my god, thank you so much! I had this same problem happen and no one else even attempted to post a helpful comment other than "get this torch". My torch is back to normal now! Thank you for your help. -Marissa