Advice On Soil Mix...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ComptonA55Tyler, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Im doing five plants outdoors starting in about two or three weeks. they are already indoors starting out for about the last two weeks.

i need advice on soil.

so far im taking fox farm ocean forest and mixing it 50/50 with happy frog soil. then im also going to add perlite and worm castings.

any advice on anything else to add? maybe some peat moss or anything?

please comment

2. That will work just fine.  

3. I ended up going with a 50/50 mix of coco loco and empire builder. I added work castings and perlite

4. #4 SmokeDaGanja, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    Go to the store and get a product called Espoma Plant, Tomato, Or bio tone. They are a 100% organic slow release nutrient all around good for just about everything you would need. I swear by the stuff I have used it with just happy frog pertile mix and had amazing results! I also like having kelp meal around. It has so many micro-nutrients and is probably the best organic soil amendment you can use. I like to add chunky gravel, lava rock, or rice hulls for drainage along with pertile. Honestly if you went and got a 3 pound bag of each of these it would cost no more than 30 bucks and you could have it for the rest of the season and maybe into next year! Building a tea brewer for AACT is also a very good idea for stretching the use of earthworm casting and compost. You can multiple the amount of organisms in your soil just by bubbling them in non chlorinated water for 72 hours with some molasses. Shit kicks ass if you do it right! If you need any other help you can add me, I'm always willing to help someone out and I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to building your own water only soils! Happy growing dude!

5. Damn I wish you would have replied sooner haha. I spend 160 bucks to fill 6 ten gallon pots. I bought two big bags of coco loco and two big bags of empire builder 60 pounds of worm castings and mixed 1/2 a big bag a perlite in with it all. I'm happy with it so far but the price was steep. Since they are for outdoor plants I wants to mix some coco in there to retain water incase I couldn't water them that day or something and I went heavy on the perlite incase of a storm didn't want them drowning

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. DaGanga gave some great advice, and what you got will work just fine...Just remember..it's a weed, it'll grow under many conditions.
    I know some guys who put seedlings in their garden in late May with no special amendments, except rabbit poo, native soil and water them and get pretty damn good results. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. I hope so. I have some pretty high hopes for this grow. Last summer my crop was almost destroyed by slugs

8. you can put sticky trap around the stalk off the ground slug wont get past that i dont think. also lol try a ring of salt not directly on top of where your plant is but all around it...

9. I bought some slug stuff from my hydro shop. I'm going to do the salt also and I bought organic pesticides

• Like Like x 1
  10. dude thats a great medium probly will grow herb alot better than just tilled land wit little to no ammendments..  altho i use soils in my wash where nothing is growing so you know its rich also i have free roaming chickens that shit everywhere... and fill in top of holes with it..

11. Haha well that's nice and easy. I'm growing polm gold. Hoping they reach their height of ten feet.

12. lol had a bagseed last year hit 6'+ but i just never topped it.. was from brickweed i see why they grew them for brick they flowered in july and were just huge compared to the others... more plant matter they can brick up too ... buds were decent but mehhh..

13. I try only to grow strains I order and 100% know what they are and where they came from

14. It's a semi auto too, I started first week in April, should be done around the end of July

15. I would use neem oi, cake or meal for organic pesticide. By far one of the best all natural solutions to just about every pest you would have to deal with

16. i have neem oil I'm just unsure of the proper way to apply it

17. Mix it with a few drops of dr bronners lavender soap and water to make a spray

18. You can mix it into water and use it a a direct folier spray. I dont know any recipes for it because I use cake but it shouldn't be to complicated.

19. Currently having best results ever with 50/50 Happy Frog and Coco Loco

20. 20170206_210853.jpg