Amhazed W/ Blue Himalaya

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Amhazed, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Hello fellow farmers. A couple of days ago on my first grow and post. I was told by Snoopdog6502 that I needed to grow at least 4 plants instead of just one or two because of sickness or other unforseen negativity. The link to the thread of my first grow and post is here: http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1296665-giving-shot.html
    ...Anyway a buddy of mine gave me some Blue Himalaya seeds. I had never heard of it before and if you haven't either. I looked it up and the info is here if you are interested:
    http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/short-stuff-blue-himalaya
    so here we go my friends Day 1 of my journey with Blue Himalaya

Attached Files:

2. No action on rock wooled seeds....took ShortStuff Onyx 4 days to pop. So really do t expect any action till probably monday. Have a great weekend everybody

3. Almost ready for my babies. Just a couple things to do to finish my bucket and I'm good.

Attached Files:

4. #4 Amhazed, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Curious. ..should I plant Rockwood into hydrocorn as soon as they sprout or put them into grow dome?

5. Just checked my Blue babies and they have started to pop their little heads out of rock wool. So I put them in grow dome and put it in the tent. They will be on 18/6 with the rest of my girls. I will post pics later on I guess

6. Not really sure how the whole time label thing works ...so I am going to call this Day 1 since this is the first day that they pushed and escaped the top of rock wool 😊

Attached Files:

7. Here's my blue babies today

Attached Files:

8. I am finishing my Blue Himalayas new home tonight. Already placed them in net pots....tomorrow they will be in new digs and part 2 of the journey begins

9. In place of rockwool, have you ever tried root plugs?

Ive been very impressed by them.

100 percent success cloning rate using them too.

10. never even heard of it...I only started using rock wool because for whatever reason. I'm that guy who can't germinate using paper towels. My 1st grow was complete failure and my 2nd started bad but she's starting to come around (speedy gonzalez)...but I'll research it. Thanks for the heads up

11. PH 6.5 adjusted 5.7
    PPM 225
    nothing really to report except.... that when I came home from work. I found one of my babies floating (right side up) in my res 😲...apparently i made the hole for my net pot a little to big...oops lol...nothing a 5 gallon bucket lid and a Dremel can't fix..knucklehead mistake

Attached Files:

You have to be careful, my plant fell through several times and the lid holding it in was under so much weight that it actually bent the plastic down, creating a bigger hole.. It was pretty tight too, whilst you can i'd add some reinforcements to the lid, maybe some cross sections made from rulers or whatever, keep it's shape better.

PS: my plant died

13. yeah I saw that saturday...that sucks!! Haven't gotten a chance to read the thread yet....things got hectic all the sudden. It looked so good. What happened? Any idea?.....Thanks for the advice to sure up my lid structure

Not specifically but probably because of the stress, it has mildew but it shouldn't have killed it. Check it in a week or so, I should have something else set up, but at the moment I am too poor :)

15. Will only be adding to journal once a week after weeks end chores until significant changes occur. As you can see one of my Blues are significantly bigger than the other. The smaller one is the one that went swimming in the res at some point. While I was at work. No idea how long it was swimming but at least she is still growing and green
    PH: 5.6

Attached Files:

16. Added 1/4 strength nutrients today.

Attached Files:

17. Good Grief....they must've been hungry!!!

Attached Files:

18. Picture day 😎.....everything is beautiful and moving along nicely. At least it seems that way to the untrained eye. Full strength nutrients this week.

Attached Files:

19. I asked this same question on my other thread but I'll ask it here as well since my baby Blues are showing sane signs...are these "hairs" what I think they are? Should these be showing signs of what I think is pre flowering already when it's only wk3?

Attached Files:

20. Note the pics from just a day ago didn't show these signs