Should I Join The French Foreign Legion (Military) For Five Years?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChangeWeedLaws, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screw your Frenchie plan, move to New York City and be a legalization activist.

2. #22 Royal Vengeance, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    No one else finds the idea of living in France simply unbearable?

The culture... The govt... Just.. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Just to much rich American capitalism running through my veins.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn

3. Btw op what did you get busted for that keeps you from joining our armed forces?

4. Blackwater mercenary?

5. I doubt OP is ex spec ops so I'd take that off that table :laughing:

6. Take the FFL seriously man, they're some serious dudes.

And these make me wonder whether you're really in the frame of mind for the military -

3. I'll get to play with guns

6. I won't be a felon in the eyes of french law. Meaning i can get a gun license and blow shit up on the weekends.

7. Plus you need tours of duty and see actual combat.

8. #28 Heroic Dose, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    go for it, its very unlikely you will be able to make it but itll be cool to test yourself. no point in thinking about if you should or not when its very likely not a decision you'll ever have the choice of.

9. K good I wasn't the only person that caught that shit.

There's a reason you can't join the US military, you don't think a international military group wouldn't wonder why.. You couldn't make it into the.. US army?

Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn

10. It's not the right frame of mine for the military.
    But it does sound like the right characteristics for a mercenary. 

11. Yea because nobody in the military likes playing with guns or shooting stuff on the weekends? Lol, okay then. I like guns. As do most people who serve in the military. So how does that make unfit for service?

12. You need military training for that. And i don't actually want to kill people if i can avoid it. I'm more into the military lifestyle. The structure, physical demands, comradery , etc. Not really into assassination lol.

13. I know a couple guys who did that to get outta child support.

Never heard from them again.

My neighbor considered doing it.

They give you a new identity too for your info, so if you came back to the states you wouldnt be a felon anymore.

I say do it.

Only live once brother.

Better than the loser alternative.

They have a real unique history,

Hope you like africa.

-peace

14. that doesnt, but your record probably does. the army can waive a lot of shit, probably way more than the ffl would

15. Nope. My felony is for assault in the third degree. No military branch will currently wave any felonies for any reason. I've talked to a marines recruiter already. This happened when i was under the age of 18 so i thought it would be sealed but it wasn't for wahtever reason.

And i've already done a lot of research about the legion. They don't care about criminal charges unless they're extremely serious. (like assault with a deadly weapon) they're some kind of sex crime, or they had something to do with dealing large amount of drugs. You also can't be wanted by interpol. So yea they would let me in. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of the guys who join are joining to avoid doing jail time on petty felonies in their countries.

16. I'm pretty sure it's a lot harder to get into the FFL nowadays as well, no murderers or smackheads these days.

17. Lol i should totally do it. Where can i sign up? Seriously.

18. You can still get your record sealed. My bro did it at 22.

The military sux. The home i bought is literally surrounded by vets. And they all agree it was a huge mistake.

We play with guns and other shit all the time and they talk about how much the military fucked them up and how they were so dumb and so young.

My neighbor got blown up in a car bomb at 19 years old, killing half his company.

Anyhow, if youre dead set on being a body, call a lawyer snd see sbout gettin your record sealed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.