Why Do I Feel Like A Vape Doesnt Get Me High?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Im19, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Burning also destroys shit tons of thc before it ever gets to your lungs.

2. Yeah when you combust the herb, many of the psychoactive chemicals get destroyed, whereas vaping activates it and releases it as a vapor with little to no chemicals being destroyed.

3. Holding the hits in until nothing comes out? It's vapor, not smoke.

Huh?   What are trying to say here?

5. Unless proven otherwise I have always held my vapor hits in for like 20 seconds until nothing comes out when I exhale. Wasted vapor.. But smoke you don't do it with because it's toxic.

6. For me vaping is a different high.  Smoking gives me more a couch lock effect while vaping is a cleaner high that I can still go and do stuff.  You say it isn't a good high?  Perhaps you could explain the high you get and what kind of high you are going for.

7. Pretty sure it has something to do with the cbd not having the same vaping temp as THC.. And cbd gives you the body high , THC giving a head high

I watched a documentary where they gave a guy straight THC, nothing else and the result was very unpleasant. He got sweaty and sick if I recall correctly, can't remember what the name of it was but its somewhere on YouTube..

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #28 RamAbballah, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    You can get just as high from vaping. I used to smoke, now I vape. In addition to getting just as high, you get to taste the bud a lot better and probably get more out of the same amount of bud than you would burning it. 

While there are different temps to vape different cannabinoids, the vape temp for CBD isn't so high that you need to use flame. 

9. #29 Everythingshazy, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Try to lower the temp. May seem counter productive, but 365-375 gives a really nice perecption enhancing head high on the volcano. For the first 2-3 bags anyway. Ending with 2-3 bags of 385.

10. Horses for causes. I find vaping weed produces a mellow head buzz but it's just too weak no matter which strain. I don't get the giggles or that wonderful stoned feeling. But on the plus side I've never noticed a crash. If I want to get stoned/laugh my ass off I'll smash the bong or pipe.

11. Makes me rip my hair out reading some of the comments on this thread. To everyone who thinks vapor doesn't get you as high as smoke... no just no. Take lwiens advice and stop smoking for at least 3 weeks. Once I made the commitment to stop I never went back. That was almost three years ago.
    And to those who say vapor doesn't hit you fast or the high is mellow... bullshit. It can be that way if you want it to. That's the awesome thing about vaporizing. With the right vape of course, you can adjust the temp to whatever you want to be. Looking to chill out and have some fun ?350-375 might be your spot. Want to feel it harder and faster?390 420 is what you might want. Want to get obliterated asap ? 430-445 is your spot. When people say vapor is weak I laugh my ass off. If anything is weak it's smoke. What a joke that stuff is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Instead of being so pig ignorant you could try to appreciate that everyone is different.

While it's true that for some, they will never enjoy vapor as much as smoke, what is also true is that, in my experience, most everyone who states that they like smoke better than vapor have never taken the time to ween themselves off of smoke and the toxins that it contains.

14. T break for 2 or 3 weeks should do. Or if you always want a nice high and keep your tolerance down, smoke on the weekends, its great and gives you something to look forward to all week :) But that's just what I do.

15. #35 frazefast, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

I gave up smoking weed and tobacco for 6 months! I then decided to try vaping weed and it just isn't for me. I personally think the high is too weak. I then went back to smoking it and only via that method do I get my desired high. That doesn't mean smoking is better than vaping in terms of a desired high - it's an individual preference - something vaping fan boys on here should try to appreciate.

16. #36 lwien, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

Which vaporizer did you use after your smoke break?

17.  The Solo.

Great vaporizer but it would not be the vape that I would recommend for someone trying to make the transition away from smoking.

19. I am the opposite of ignorant. Like lwien said most people don't take the time to enjoy vaping and they never get the full experience. I'm completely cool with people smoking it's the people that dismiss as inferior simply because they don't give it a chance (100%)

20. Yeah to make the transition I would always recommend a plug in. The one combusting friend I managed to get to buy a vape got the lsv. Which imo is a great transition vape from smoking.