Need Help Choosing New Glass. Phx Vs. Hisi Vs. Gravlabs Vs. Illadelph

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bigredguy, Apr 17, 2014.

1. I do agree that Illadelph makes quality glass but to an extent you are definitely paying for the name. First of all they do not make stemless bongs which I have been told are better all around. Plus for almost 100 dollars less I can get a MGW piece with a showerhead perc and cirq perc, which reviews have shown to have no drag (like the unpercolated Illadelph) and also smooth hits. Plus I will then buy an activated carbon filter to keep my piece clean and help filter carcinogens.

And I am in no way biased against Illadelph. I have smoked them quite often but I definitely am in the market for something percolated.

2. #22 mogwi411, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    In case there are any doubts this is from David Daily, he is the founder of Gravlabs.  According to him some is made in US, some in Asia, and they use parts from Europe and Asia.  Pretty safe to say there's no telling where any 1 particular one was made or the source of it's parts.

<span style="font-weight:700;">Jim M  David Daily </span>• 6 months ago<div><div><div>What pieces are made in china and what is made in Austin? I am just trying to figure out if most of your products are made in china I am told you only put the foot the base of the pipe on in austin and the rest is made in china I would love to know the truth behind that thanks for your time I am a longtime grav supporter

</div></div>  
    </div>[​IMG]
    <span style="font-weight:700;">David Daily  Jim M </span>• 6 months ago<div><div><div><div>Jim, thanks for asking. We have designed and manufactured every item in our catalog and we continue to do so as we create new designs. However, as demand increases we have no choice but to outsource a portion of that production. With thousands of products, and hundreds more in the pipeline, we're constantly innovating. I tried to outsource domestically beginning in '09, but there weren't any borosilicate production shops available (then or now - we are the largest lathe-based production shop in the US). We use hundreds of different parts from both Europe and Asia to assist in that production. Our outsourcing has allow us to grow to over 75 employees in Austin. More info and videos are online atwww.grav.com.
    \n\n

</div></div></div></div>

3. Thanks alot for all the help and suggestions. I am honestly pretty set on the manifest 19 inch stemless with a showerhead and cirq perc. If anyone has any more info on this specific bong or the brand in general I would love to hear them. Seems like some quality glass with some sweet designs.

4. I don't want to be rude, but They make stemless pieces, but they are stupid expensive unless you go for a bubbler.. But other than illadelph hisi is probably your best bet, it looks and functions better than a Phx

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. yes, exactly they are stupid expensive. I was only talking about in the price range I am willing to pay they didnt make stemless.

I do like the way the HiSi glass looks, however I have heard it was made from chinese boro. Plus 3 percs will probably add alot of drag which I do not want.

I have been looking alot at manifest glassworks. They use American boro, american blown, and also have an 18 inch 2 perc bong which is said to be super smooth and have no drag for 260. Plus the logos, design and percs make it an awesome looking piece in my opinion

6. Id go with it, what type of percs does it have ?

7. Does anyone here actually own a grav labs that keeps nay saying them? I keep seeing the hate for em and pointing to them being basically china glass, I own 7 pieces from them and have no idea were you people are making this up from that its china boro, compared to a blaze or weed star or other shitty china direct the grav labs is much much higher quality and thicker glass with good welds, on par with other american made mid range glass companies.