Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Niacin Problems

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cali_dreamin, Dec 25, 2006.

1. okay i know your supposed to take two a day..one at breakfast and one at lunch or something but i took 2 at 3 o clock because i forgot and now i have a disgusting headache and it feels like my whole body is on fire. Its my first time taking them..i know your supposed to feel like you have a sunburn but im black so ive never really had one but some help with what to do or someone just tell me if this shits normal it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. If they are 500mg tablets then 2 at once is way too much and the symptoms you describe is exact what happens. I myself turn red with 1 tablet and feel hot, and it lasts for about an hour or so. Next time, just take one and see what happens. Peace.

3. okay well as long as its gone within an hour or two im fine...but im paranoid as fuck right now....like i almost drove myself to the hospital cuz i didnt know what was goin on haha

4. Heh, I hate paranoia and am glad I could help. Also, if you can take them with food, the side effects are not so extreme. (common sense)

5. yeah 2 500's should put u in pain, hell only 1 puts me in pain...

6. two ibeprofins (yea i know i spellled that shit wrong lol) and im feelin pretty good...but that was the worse hour and a half ive had in a looong time lol...i still have the chills but no headache or sunburn feeling so im straight...thanks guys

7. lol i had that problem too with the burning and my whole body turned red... i was over doing it trying to get my system cleaned out... it wont hurt ya tho... just a little uncomfortable.

8. yeah you need to look out for that niacin....I was in the army for a while and I used to do the niacin treatment all the time........the only problem is i had no idea how much to eat....so every time i thought i "needed" to i would eat 10-15, 100 Mg pills........talk about the worst pain....it goes away i try to eat them right before you go to sleep....then you usually sleep right through it........good luck:hello:

9. That shit makes your skin itchy and feel like it is burining. It flushes your system think of it like your skin beling flushed.

10. "i know your supposed to feel like you have a sunburn but im black"

hahahaha. thank you sir, for making my day.
    dont ask me why but that maade me crack up

11. i take niacin for my heart - take a baby asprin with each niacin pill you take

12. that sounds like exactly what would happen bro, you should be fine in a few hours atm ost, if not.. drink alot of water and take something, and if that doesnt work, then you head to the hospital haha

13. The burn is supposed to happen. No need to go to the hospital. Niacin puts your metabolism through the roof, and the toxins that are getting flushed from your system need a place to go. Normally they pass through your urine, but when you're metabolism is jacked up on niacin, the normal process isn't fast enough and the toxins are forced out through your pours - thus the burning.

It is important to note that unless you are instructed by a doctor, you shouldn't take niacin too often. It can cause severe (or fatal) liver damage.

14. 'Fucked yourself up on pills you know little about?

Don't worry!

Just take more pills you know little about!'

Jeez........:rolleyes:

15. i agree somewhat, but honestly... if i was on probation id be a little more on edge than usual and might jump to hasty disicions, but as le said, it isnt a very smart thing to do.

you should be fine tho, i knew someone who was on probation or parol and was bieng tested 1-2 times weekly, and used niacin everyday.

not a good idea, but it did work.

16. has anyone ever gotten sick from it? because okay now i woke up this morning with a 101.4 temp..but i had the chills so i wrapped myself in a blanket so it got worse. Now listen to the reasoning of a stoner...im so proud of myself for this. Im cold right and i remember the niacin makes me hot. Soo i take another niacin and now i feel better...i still have a fever but i dont feel too hot or to cold..its justtt right haha but if anyones ever had that problem after their first time taking it let me know cuz idk if i got sick from that or just a flu.

17. dr ph0neman is thinking you have the flu or a bug totally not associated with the taking of too much niacin. feed that fever and show it who's boss.

take care and hope you feel better bigballer

18. hmmm i should take this cuz my metabolism is slow as shit

19. i am just wondering but does all niacin work, because on some bottles of it now it say flush free on the back. will that not work for flushinbg weed out of your system then? if it does people make sure you are taking the right ones.

20. idk about the fevers or "flush free" niacin but take niacin when you take X it enhances the experience