Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thc Tincture Predicament

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ianjb232, Apr 17, 2014.

1. I'm working on a project to make a strong THC tincture. I want to put it in my E-Go Vape. I've read every single article online, and watched every video.

I'm going to do 16oz of Vegetable glycerine which will turn into 10oz after evaporation in the crockpot.

With that I had an idea. How strong would it become if I put 2oz of reggie into it instead of 8 grams of good weed.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

2. im trying similar..i hope someone knowledgable can chime in!

3. I think you'll need more glycerine to account for the fact that you're putting in more weed so you extract all the goodies.
    I've never made glycerine before though, that's only a guess.

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.

4. 1/5? could you elaborate buddy?

5. It's his signature. The OP and others, if strength and potency is your goal, use dank. Add glycerine until it is barely submerging all the weed.

Glycerine extraction is tricky and often continues for weeks afterward. BKS elaborates on this in her thread. For more consistent and reliable results, do a solvent transfer.

Don't transfer from coconut oil to glycerine because inhaling coconut oil or any oil will lead to lipoidal pneumonia which blows!

But you can extract with ethanol(high proof drinking alcohol like everclear. 151 or 190 whichever is legal in your location) then reduce that down while adding your final solvent, veg glycerine.

Make sure to decarboxylate first to convert the probably 2-3% THC into the more desired 15-20 probably. Cover with foil and cook ground herb for 20 mins at 220F. 15 if already sorta old bud. Then cook . GL

6. For transfer into VG/PG for e-cigs use the equivalent of 3G of hash per once of VG/PG. Weather you do an ethanol transfer or not. Same amount and even at this amount your results will be just ok.
    Best to winterize your dragon before you transfer as the plant waxs won't incorporate. This would be the same for BHO. I have used this for a transfer before as well it still needs to be decarbed and winterized.
    When you use your Vape pen it does not heat the cannabanoids to the heat level required to activate THC.
    The best way to use these products is as a matanince. It is a little slow to hit like and edible and subtle. However if you are stoned after a sesh already or combine this with an other edible you can maintain your peak high for a long time it is very cool.

Good luck happy Vaping

7. I need help. I have made a glycerine tincture with 28 grams of weed. I forgot to decarboxylate!!! Can I do this now while it is glycerine? What's the best way?

8. Not sure what to tell you.

Best bet is to go to the stickie thread above called Another Tincture Thread, try it you'll like it.

Ask there an you should be able to get an answer.

9. I have taken the glycerine and have placed most of it in The Source by Extract Craft. I plan to wait until it stops boiling which will indicate it has finished filtering any residual alcohol. This should be a great infusion. I'm just lost as to how to use it. Lol Its been a .5ml dose to calm my ferret on days when she is into everything. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I have added a 1.5 agave:1 glycerine and infused successfully. It did help the taste, but I added butterscotch candy flavoring to boot. It taste great with a little of that strong undesired cannabis taste. I imagine I can't vape it with agave, but I would love any ideas for consumption. It seems I still have to force myself to taste it. Lol I haven't given to my ferret since the agave infusion. Might try the .5ml today.- This knocked her out before the agave/butterscotch infusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum