8000W - Built The Shed.... Now What?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by fiaburn, Apr 17, 2014.

1. #1 fiaburn, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    For those of you following  from my previous post, I welcome back. I hope you enjoy this round as much as the last one!

For those of you just joining you can see the beginning of this journey on my previous post around GCC.

Those of you too high to do that, let me catch you up to speed.  I built a shed last fall, one month give or take a few days to go from dropping a slab to moving in, who said smokers are lazy?

Spec: 20x10
    View attachment 1375187

Flower room: 15x10
    8 - 1k in Lg AC hoods
    SCrog or SOG whatever you want to call it.... I got nets... OK :)
    Sealed room
    Co2 - 8 burner
    8in intake
    12" filter+fan circulating
    Dual Dehumidifier 40pint off Controller - 70pint all night.
    CHHC-4 brains
    *new edition* - 24k BTU mini split AC w/ aux. thermostat
    View attachment 1375209

Installed after last set.  24,000 BTU Ideal Air Mini split unit.  Sit on a dedicated 25 amp breaker with AC surge protector and manual kill switch at site.  These units come with pre-charged lines.  There is no need for welding.  2 wrenches and a few 3 ¼in holes later unit was hung, lines ran, wired, and running, took about 2 hours.
    IMG_20140318_140436632.jpg
    Room sits between 78.5-80.5 all day. 71-73 at night 50-60% RH 24/7.

2. Enough of the boring stuff:  I flipped my first real set on new years day. Now I'm 2.5 weeks into my second set.  13 days behind my planned schedule due to some uncooperative girls.

As of now I have 14 small trees crammed into the room. They all were roughly 5'-6' tall when brought. After setting the nets they all sit around 5 ' tall now, with their growth spurt slowing down.
    IMG_20140416_181740773.jpg

IMG_20140416_181839789.jpg

14- Barney's farm Sweet Tooth Bx Sweet tooth
    Botanicare Readygro Coco - 15 gal pots
    I'm just about done with thinning them out underneath (excuse the mess).  I let them go untouched, besides the pre-trimmed prior to flipping.

IMG_20140416_181949077.jpg

They are just starting to blossom, budding up nicely, should be in full swing in a day or two.

IMG_20140416_182008120.jpg

Enjoy, I'll check back in over the weekend.

Attached Files:

3. This is bad ass!

Yea this dude has my wheels turning, he grows in Coco and from the looks of his crops I dont know how much better it can get.

5. Looking good. You where using H&G last grow right? Same for this one? 

Looks like your taking a picture of the sun.   :D

6. You are correct sir, H&G for this one too.   I know, not the greatest shots, but I can only stand in a few places to take a shot of the room.  I maxed this one out.  No middle row really, just pure canopy except for two holes too raise lights :).

7. #7 Mean Creek Grower, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    We get the picture... It's a very green forest can't wait to see them in full flower

8. Pictures are fine, what else can ya do with about 1.2 million lumens shiny upon you. 

9. Well look at what you've built ;). That's one impressive operation you got there my friend. I followed you over from your other thread and now I can see the WHOLE picture...Fuckin' a you got it goin on growmie! Keep on keepin on!

10. How do you deal with runoff??? And... Do you reuse screens/nets or build new ones each grow? Stoked to see you back in action!

11. #11 fiaburn, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    . As for runoff, I just let it evaporate. Majority of it evaporates within the hour from watering. Floors might be wet for a bit, but not the end of the world. The dehumidifiers regulate it pretty quick as well.

Reusing the nets just depends on the previous harvest. If I can clip the branch and pull it down and out without a problem, then there is a good chance I'll be able to reuse. I trashed 3 nets harvesting, so three are new out of the 6.

12. Great setup, excellent looking ladies!

I'm looking at a mini split for my two bud rooms this summer.  So far, the Ideal Air like you have is the only one I've seen that looks like the lines are pre-charged and don't need to be vac'd out by a professional.  They are also double price.  Did you look around a lot?  Is the Ideal Air worth the money?

Again, awesome setup.  I had never considered scrogging in my 9x11 rooms.  Now I'm thinking that looks like the way to go!

13. For me, i just don't know how to weld, you can rent a pump at HD and charge the lines, but I'm just not comfortable welding. I could have got a 5 ton AC unit for 800 bucks cheaper, but ya got to weld. Ask me to build or wire something, no problem. Weld... Forget it. I looked around online and found the cheapest one possible that had reputable reviews and excepted PayPal.

Scrog or net or whatever we call it just seems to work for me. Full canopy plus support.... And no more stakes.

The first round I put them up as needed, but I had a semi middle row. No middle row this time, so I put all three levels up at the same time and kept them a few inches from the lights until I moved them to their final height.

14. Lookeee there... Easter on 4/20..... Blaze it and praise it everyone!

Attached Files:

15. Looking good. I can really see the buds starting to form. 

Do you ever Flush your plants because of salts and nute build up?

16. #16 fiaburn, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014

17. #17 fiaburn, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    I have in the past, but usually don't. I run enough through for adequate run off, and every 3rd or 4th water I'll run a real light A+B mix. Rarely do I run just PH H20 unless flushing at the end or there is an issue.

18. This is some amazing work, very inspiring. I've been watching your other thread and I'm amazed at how fast it all came together, huge amount of motivation and knowledge here. Definitely sticking around for this show, highest honors to you my good man :bongin:

I might have missed it but are those 15 gal pots?

19. Thank you my good man.

Yep they are 15's. I might be switching to 20 or 25's and cutting down to 10 or 12 ladies in there a set. 14 5-6f footers might have been a bit much :)

20. Hows it growing?