More Bullshit Studies.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Delightfully High, Apr 16, 2014.

1. "The study, which was funded in part by the National Institute on Drug Abuse and the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, comes as access to pot is expanding following 2012 votes in Washington state and Colorado to legalize its recreational use."
    Boom. There you go. There's your answer. There's been too many good studies coming out about cannabis. The federal government needs to find out something that is bad about it so that way they can keep up this bullshit prohibition that is quickly collapsing. Still safer than alcohol :bongin:

2. It's not I that needs "answers" and facts it's those that buy into this ignorant propaganda because the government tells them they should ,so take that information you've posted here and post it on the comments section of these ignorant articles.

3. Sorry, but I don't have a yahoo email account. That sight is horrible, the email sucks, and the news is biased as fuck like that article I just read

4. I agree

5. And don't get me started on CNN. "Breaking news! Searchers have sent a sub underwater for the 15th time so they can try to find flight 370!" LOL!

6. Fox news is pretty terrible as well. Oh who are we kidding all media is bullshit.

7. Yep that's true. I wonder what's going on in Ukraine right now......hmmmmmmm

8. The ukraine? THE UKRAINE??!?!!? There are more important things going on right now like searching for the Malaysian flight 370 or something like that :laughing: .

9. " But more studies are needed to determine how those changes may have long-term consequences" Thats code for wasting more tax payer money.

10. #11 WizardInBlack, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    I thought this would be a thread discussing the study of bull feces, but i guess that isn't very likely in the marijuana news section lol.

edit: thought i'd give some actual input on the subject lol.

Anyways, so on many of these "studies" that they do on adolescents regarding marijuana usage, they are unsure whether marijuana is directly responsible for the abnormalities in the brain that they claim. Thus, rendering their bullshit studies completely invalid in my opinion. It's like saying " so the patient has brain cancer and weed is most likely the culprit since they partake regularly". Many of these studies also include alcohol too and they blame weed, "heavy alcohol AND marijuana usage is linked to brain damage" well no shit, so is smoking weed and huffing paint thinner. 

11. i dont think young people should smoke unless needed either... like ms. trunchbull says "ummnomnom, much too good for childern" lol.

12. #13 chzdgg, Apr 17, 2014
    The study had a sample size of twenty people who smoked and didn't take into consideration other drugs used. This alone makes the entire study worthless, the sample size is WAY too small.

13. #14 Mr Moose, Apr 17, 2014
    "'Our hypothesis from this early work is that these changes may be an early sign of what later becomes amotivation, where people aren't focused on their goals,'" (from article)

"While some have claimed that chronic use of cannabis causes amotivational syndrome in some users, empirical studies suggest that there is no such thing as "amotivational syndrome""

14. Funny how theres all these "groundbreaking studies" while Cannabis is a labeled a Schedule I narcotic. Now doesnt one of the stipulations of Schedule I narcotics state that doing scientific research on Cannabis is illegal?? Funny, its ok to research whats supposedly bad, but DONT YOU D.A.R.E find anything good.

15. #16 SneakyBurrito, Apr 17, 2014
    Lots of good input haha. As far as the media goes, i honestly forgot about Ukraine until I went on Google news the other day and read an article linked that said how one of the Russian fighter jets was flying around one of our warships in the Black Sea and that it's been followed by a Russian cruiser for a while too. Then i kept clicking and realized, holy shit WW3 might actually happen. God damn media wants us to worry about some damn plane with no survivors and spend billions trying to find it when we should all be worried about whats around the corner and don't even get me started on global warming and the slow devastation of our beautiful planet....

And as for the 'marijuana study' i stopped reading into those because they are all biased bullshit. To be honest even the pro cannibis ones are pretty one sided. No one thats for legalization ever talks about all the shit your inhaling(smoking only not vape). Dont get me wrong i still think its better than alcohol and cigarettes. But seriously, they need to just do real studies..

Sent from my Potato using Grasscity Forum

16. Yawn.

While they are trying to spook people with MAYBES...

Cannabis has already proven to successfully combat Alzheimers, dementia and other neuro degenerative conditions. Also stimulates neurogenesis etc etc.

Because we already know that it viably treats these mental conditions, based on the science we know it doesn't simultaneously cause the conditions it's treating.

Their maybes don't mean anything to me, nor would they to a court of law.

17. #18 solidguitar77, Apr 17, 2014
    If it were saying the opposite, you people would just be eating it right up, and I guarantee there wouldn't be any bitching about sample sizes or anything.

I know this may sound crazy to some, but weed may not be one hundred percent safe. :eek: I know, right?  Obviously, anything suggesting this is government-funded bafflegab propaganda, but just something to consider.

18. From the study:
    "This preliminary study has several caveats. First, the sample size does not provide power to examine complex interactions such as sex differences. Because this is a cross-sectional study, causation cannot be determined, although marijuana exposure parametrically correlated with structural differences, which suggests the possibility of causation. Longitudinal studies are needed to determine whether marijuana exposure explicitly leads to the differences observed in this study. Furthermore, this study did not include quantifiable marijuana metabolite levels, which would have provided further information about the amount of marijuana exposure. This measure could be incorporated into future studies as a complementary measure to detailed timeline follow-back measures of drug use. Finally, age of onset was collected for marijuana use only. Early exposure to alcohol may have also affected brain structure (although no participant met criteria for past alcohol abuse or dependence)."

But no, the media gets ahold of it and suddenly smoking cannabis IS LIKE TAKING ICE CREAM SCOOPS OUT OF YOUR BRAIN.  Guess we shouldn't legalize it then.  And how could it be political?  I mean, it was only funded/supported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the Office of National Drug Control Policy, Counterdrug Technology Assessment Center...

19. Holy flying fuck. What is this, 1920's prohibition all over again? Yeah, alcohol prohibition was supposed to "save" us from the same things too.

Bankers are nervous Americans will see the light and not want to service the American debt is more like it. They'll see the materialistic wasteland around them and concentrate on what makes them happy and healthy.