Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Making Cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by zaikowebs, Apr 16, 2014.

1. So, as many of you, I'm preparing for this year's 420, and this year I'm making brownies.

I've done brownies before but without needing to do cannabutter ( someone else did it for me)

Now I am going to do it. I've already done my homework so I'm not asking for directions. I'm asking for advices, anything that isn't really on the books, anything that from experience is worth knowing.

Thanks guys and Happy 420

2. Not really anything special. Its pretty straight forward with good directions.

3. I started with making cannabutter but after the first couple times I realized that instead of making butter making coconut cannaoil is much more efficient. I don't know off the top of my head but there's like 12-15% saturated fat in real butter compared to like 84%+/- in coconut oil, huge difference and that's what ur looking for. I put an oz n a half into making butter which made a shit load of cookies(like 4 boxes) but I used 12gs into making oil which made 2 boxes of brownies that packed a bigger punch in my opinion than the cookies did

4. Hashmoufs method?

5. Should make QWISO, then youll have edible ingredients AND smokeable hash.

6. Wow, you're right. I never really considered making oil, and only thought about butter, but yeah, oil has more saturated fat. Gonna try it

7. I like your idea, but QWISO takes some time to make and I really don't have the time for it to be on time for 420, but I will definitely try it afterwards. 

8. Pretty much what I did, except I didn't re-melt the butter, Think that would be a problem? Or can I still do it even though it has passed about 36 hours since I put it the fridge?