Women Being Objectified?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by The Stud, Apr 16, 2014.

1. It's okay because she isn't male and inherently evil.

2. #42 Stormy Sea, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SrpARP_M0o

loooooool.

I want to see more of that ^ in actual media. Might actually pay attention to advertisements...  :smoke: 

Also, this site http://www.genderads.com/ shows both men and women being objectified in advertisements so while it's definitely not one sided, imo women do have to deal with it a bit more, in a more obviously sexualized way.

Example, you probably wouldn't see a guy in an ad rubbing his naked body all over a car in a thong or shorts, or sloppily eating ice cream in slow motion and getting it all over their face (because apparently that's attractive, never understood that, always looks fucking gross to me) but it's not out of the norm to see women having to do it, and we don't consider it weird, even though... well, it's fucking weird, haha.

It really really saddens me that all the threads like this on GC degenerate into immature male vs female gender flame wars though... We're supposed to be a team, and we're supposed to be on each other's sides, helping each other.. I don't get why it's always an us-vs-them mentality, just because you can't see something from the other gender's side of view doesn't mean it's wrong.

We're all entitled to our own thoughts and ideas and it's not very productive to be told we're constantly pmsing or man haters just because we don't agree on something.... it has nothing to do with hating men, or being a neo feminist... it has to do with feeling uncomfortable about certain things in society and wanting to change them, for both sides, not just for women. There's so many logical debates we could be having and instead, every time it turns into "well you obviously hate men" or "you're not a woman so you'll never understand" and it's just... well, disappointing. We should be more reasonable with each other...

3. #43 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    By high horse you mean a person who doesn't unwarrantedly objectify women? Yep. I just got back from my Art class. There are 2 cute girls in my class and while looking at them I didn't look at their breasts, ass, or thought about having sex with them. So yeah, I must be a wizard. Either that or just have respect for beautiful women. What a shame.

4. #44 Cawdswallup, Apr 16, 2014
    If another species looks at me and thinks "that's a good meal" I would take that as a compliment.

5. Oh look. Another one of these. I'm all for equality, but this isn't helping anybody. All it's doing is starting a fire.

And just for the fuck of it, let me add to the flames:

Plenty of women do that to younger men as well.

6. #46 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    Again, nasty.

Edit: Unless the older person knows the younger person is into older people, that shit is nasty and unwarranted. 

7. Why?  Because you say so?

More like, you think it's nasty.  Which is fine.

It's a matter of perspective. It's indubitable that many men would say the same... but you really don't see them complaining about it.

That's just my two cents.

But hey, if it truly bothers you, I don't think posting on a weed culture forum is going to get your cause anywhere.

9. #49 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    Have you been hit on by someone older than your parents? If so I'd like to hear about it, if not you don't know what it is like.

10. [​IMG]

Men are objectified as well. I see it often. More so now as the gay culture is becoming mainstream.

11. #51 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    It won't but I wasn't the one who brought up the horny men hitting on young girls. That came out of left field.

12. Men are commonly displayed in the media as tough working men or dumb as carcass, sometimes both. That's not the extent of it either.

Women are often displayed as sexual fantasies and/or something to look at, to have and enjoy because it fits the female form more so than the male form. Women are art, complex and beautiful.

13. I agree with the bolded but sadly women in media aren't written as complex as men are. Men can be sexy and still be seen as a hero or a villain among all other types of labels and categories instead of just being the sexy character. 

14. Umm, yes.  Not sure what it is you want to hear?  I certainly didn't make some huge deal about being objectified afterwards.

And not to toot my own horn but plenty of women hit on me, typically women that I have no interest in. You either accept people hitting on you or tell everyone that does to fuck off.  It comes with the territory.  You don't get to choose who shows interest.

15. Then this is where we dissagree.

16. #56 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    I don't know how old you are but so I'm not going to guess the age gap between you and those women. I've been hit on by friends' dads while I was still underage so yeah, that's nasty as fuck.

17. It was 30+ years older than me when I was in my teens.

And what is underage?  Some arbitrary number assigned to it being legal or not.  Pshhhh.

18. #58 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    I was a day older than his son. I'm 20 and wouldn't hook up with a sixteen year old (how old I was at the time). I just don't think kids at that age are too impressionable. Let them grow up before deciding to stick your penis in them.

19. You just objectified men,,,, 'horny' men would go for a young pretty woman.

They dont have to be horny to go for women you know. We actually( well me) like to have a decent conversation with someone thats not always about the same shit talk.. if the girl is dumb enough to allow herself to be used and abused by someone twice as old well mate tough fucking shit. No such thing as objectification. Its not asif theres not posters of guys in ck undies either or ads on tv. Not as much as women but you get the jist.

The only place i can think of where women been objected is any muslim country where the chovenists have 7 wives and treat them like shit; especially wearing the burka.

20. #60 hermione420, Apr 16, 2014
    Again, I wasn't even the person who brought up horny men going after young girls.