First Grow Cfl, Looking For Advice :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jberg1992, Apr 16, 2014.

1. but then again i was just reading a forum where some people recommend mixing the OF and HF together, and other's do not. So I guess its all about preference dude....

Look at it this way... You have all the good stuff.... mix your own medium and do what YOU feels right. I understand getting suggestions but this is your grow, ya know? Don't think too much about it. Just remember... perlite is good for drainage, so measure based on what YOU think is right... Vermiculite is to retain water.... measure out what YOU think would be good.

Either way its all going to end up in there somehow. I'm sure you'll do perfect bro.

2. Alright alright well hey im just looking for opinions and thoughts from experienced growers so i appreciate your input. It looks like its going to be a last minute decision of what im going with seeing as how the plants look ready to go.
    Is there any tips you could share about transplanting them? The lady at the store told me if i want a very good root system i should plant them at an angle (although she was referring to tomato plants)

3. You cud try 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 vermiculite, its what I'm using and my mystery seed is doing fine at almost 2 weeks old now

4. My first time I went into mg organic choice, I know a lot of ppl talk shit about it, but it worked fine for me. On my second go round now, and I have a question for you. Where in the world did you get those light splitters? I can't find them anywhere.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Balance the pH of the new medium before you transplant. I don't know too much about doing it an angle....

Good luck dude

6. Home Depot! $1.50

7. Be careful, if you change up their medium TOO much, they won't be used to it and it could shock them. IMO, you don't need all that fancy shmancy stuff, just make sure it's got good amount of perlite for aeration. If you do it well, you should wait a week or 2 then add nutes, at 1/4 strength and slowly build up from there.

8. Well i ended up going with .5 ffof .5 ffhf .25 verviculite, and .25 perlite. I also had to add some lime to bring the PH up. So it wasnt too big of a difference id think.
    Im going to go pray now though1

9. Aah it'l be fine, my first seed just got planted in normal clay soil and it survived till it showed me it was a male, probably due to stress

10. They look ok so far, the bottom leaves look like they drooped a little but the top ones are lookin perky

11. #32 tplat, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Just avoid soils that have time release nutrients in them. Organic soils are a better choice even the MG organic soils aren't bad for beginners as long as you pick the right organic soil.

12. I start mine in mg high nitrogen, then transplant into the organic choice once i'm ready to start nutes.. :metal:

13. Lol you're good dude. Promise. The leaves will sprout up in no time.

14. Ok so i think my plants are not liking the transplant.. theyve barely grown since and its been 2.5 days. One plant has the 2 first official leaves it grew turning yellow, one is turning darker green and one is looking a little droopy. Should i do something or just let them be guys?

15. Just let them be. It could take a week for them to adjust. Don't love them to death, just leave em alone and let em do their thing.

16. Thanks for the reply man. One more thing though,
    Before i transplanted i watered them and the new pots i went with seem a little big now and the soil i used in them is relatively dry, should i water around the outside on the new soil?

17. I would, just not too much.

18. For future reference tho, transplant when dry. Moisten new medium, then when transplant is complete, water about half as normally as you would any other time, then wait until dry about a knuckle deep, then water normally. (It's easier to handle a dry root ball than a wet one)

19. Gotcha, thank you sir