Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legal Cbd Spray Looking To End Epilepsy

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by maryrose, Apr 16, 2014.

1. [SIZE=10pt]Today, 2.3 Million Americans live with epilepsy with more than 1 million of them experiencing uncontrolled seizures. CBDs (Cannabidiol) which are non-psychoactive have been proven to help reduce the frequency of these seizures.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Gevitta is working hard creating a legal CBD spray that is derived from HEMP. We are starting with a crowdfunding campaign set to launch shortly in order to raise the money needed for production as well as further studies on the effectiveness of CBDs on other diseases.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]If you are interested in learning more about this amazing new product visit our site at www.gevitta.com/indiegogo [/SIZE]

2. #2 Lebowski, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    I seriously think this post is from a spam bot.

This whole CBD from hemp, Marijuana Inc business stinks to high heaven.

3. Epilepsy.com has a petition that's on there front page that's asking the DEA to reschedule cannabis for better research and use. Petition goes till April 19 and we many signatures to accomplish this. Sign this as soon as possible and spread to help us epileptics get relief.

So, just to make things clear here, we're talking about 2 different CBD products, one legal the other (currently) illegal. 

OP is posting about CBD extracted from industrial hemp. The problems with this is that 1- the extractions can be a dirty mess of solvents and secondary chemicals, 2- hemp does not contain terpenes or secondary cannabinoids, something that is very clearly related to the efficacy of things like CBD "Rick Simpson" oil, I doubt CBD oil without these is going to be very medicinal, maybe good for anxiety and nausea but not for heavy pain or cancer treatment, possibly even epilepsy. 
    The advantage to the hemp extracted CBD is that it would be legal without a medical recommendation. You can already buy CBD products on Amazon.com anywhere in the US without a recommendation, these products have CBD extracted from chinese hemp.

You, shakenbyfear, are posting about the federal rescheduling of cannabis to enable the chain reaction of: research opens up in the US, research proves CBD efficacy, FDA approves CBD medications.

These are two very different sides of the issue of legalizing and standardizing CBD medications. I have an issue with the former.

5. For many there is no "cure" .......
    Yet just to reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures..... without the ridiculous side effects of pharm meds....which in many cases lead to worsening seizures....
    Just that reduction in seizure activity alone..... is all many are even hoping for.....
    I can tell you....
    I personally make badkittys oil and take it by the spoonful..... it is the only thing that reduces my seizure activity to something i can live with.....
    And this is after having brain surgery.....
    Pharm meds still cause me more violent seizures ...more often.....
    I still smoke alot of pot...... but nowadays i eat almost as much......
    Idk about everyone pushing for cdb only crap... i don't like it....

Did you take a pure CBD product or a whole plant extraction with CBD and at least a little THC?

Because a pure CBD product isn't nearly as effective, and there's good research to back it up. Since THC and CBD are very synergistic, taking them together produces more anti-spastic effects than CBD alone.

Generally people push for the CBD products because not only does research indicate it has a higher anti-spastic effect, it's nonpsychoactive which is essential for working people or children.

7. yes i actually tried some high cdb oil ......
    of corse when i had seizures on that i woke up on keperra.....nasty... still got scars from the months i was on that.....

i personally honestly get the best results ....like i mentioned from following badkittys recipe best i can......usually using whole buds.... occasionally just hash..... i dont bother mixing it in anything..... just take a spoon or two depending how i am feeling..... and it usually does the job..... now. truth is i still have seizures.....
    just not as often.....
    and i do not wake up tied to a bed with stories of me fighting everyone while i was blacked out.....
    so i am far better off than i ever was on pharm meds......
    what a nightmare.....

8. also ...just so we are clear.....
    i been smoking for 32 of my 40 years........
    i wasnt diagnosed until i crashed my truck when i was 32...... they told me that day i had more back to back seizures then they had ever heard of..... yeah...all their meds made me worse.... i never had grand mal seizures before their meds.... now i have the back to back....and on their meds....forget it.....they couldnt get me out of status..... having several different types of seizures....
    the doc told me when i spoke to him about my drug use that it was likely the weed which kept me from being diagnosed until 32....because i definitely had it all my life.... partial seizures that is..
    i eventually agreed to have my right temporal lobe removed ....because i was waking up tied to the bed over and over...... and apparently hurtling alot of people who it took to get me there.....
    and having no memory of any of it...... 
    go to sleep...wake up tied to a bed..... no idea how you got there......all drugged up......

yeah.....no thank you.....

9. I've had a few times waking up in a hospital bed tied done not knowing what happened. Then figuring out I was causing to much trouble running around the hospital with no clothes just a hospital shirt on backwards showing everyone my junk hahaha. Had seizures for around 7 years not many of those incidences now days. Anyways, Epilepsy.com is trying to reschedule real marijuana the marijuana that's gonna help with relief. We're not talking about the cbd that's legal. They are serious and trying to help people with seizures.

10. Also, once these mainly cbd meds get proved its efficiency, then I think the compound that also brings relief, THC will develop more into real meds also. But just because people are trying to promote high cbd doesn't mean THC is out of the question. At first once everyone sees the real magic this plant has, we cant help ourselfs and will see what this plant has as a whole and torn apart.

Yeah, if we reschedule cannabis it will open up research for any of the cannabinoids.

12. There also is a very specific reason why the owners/managers of those rhso/kannaway spammers are instructed to NOT make medical claims.

I have high suspicion that if the FDA /pharma cartel knew that you could viably make CBD medicine from industrial hemp it may not be legal.

Think of it this way:

Co and other states recently legalized industrial hemp farming. Here in Co it's only couple hundred bucks to register for either 10 acre research and development, or commercial which can be largeracreage. Think it's five bucks an acre for the former, one dollar per for latter.

So, if hemp could make viable medicine... Every farmer here with ten or more acres could grow it commercially, make it on their property (the extract) or sell the crop and sell it to a processor.

What about the burgeoning CBD market? Would pharma groups source hemp from American farmers? Would American farmers be able to sell their own products?

Mind you also hemp can be grown freely outdoors, no locked/private restrictions like cannabis.

Either hemp CBD only extract is NOT viable medicine

Or

The pharma cartels/FDA made a huge oversight and error, which has put tremendous power into the hands of local farmers and extractors who make product at the local level. But hemp CBD only must be viable to make this happen.

Consider too even GW pharma uses whole plant extract of high CBD strains. Not a CBD only single compound extract. And not from industrial hemp.

They are clever in their marketing, suggesting they are doing something not already being achieved at local levels. The recipes and techniques on this forum alone would create product on par with theirs.

13. I have known about epilepsy and cannabis since the 1970s! A friend of mine once commented that when he had cannabis, he could cut his epilepsy meds down by half, and still remain seizure-free!  These may be of interest and should help you comment in the news when articles on CBD and epilepsy show up in the news!

2005 - “Conclusions: So far obtained results in our open study appear encouraging for various reasons: 1) no side effects of such a severity were observed as to require CBD discontinuation; 2) in most of the treated children an improvement of the crises was obtained equal to, or higher than, 25% in spite of the low CBD doses administered; 3) in all CBD- treated children a clear improvement of consciousness and spasticity (whenever present) was observed.”

Treatment with CBD in oily solution of drug-resistant paediatric epilepsies.                 (abst - 2005)          http://www.cannabis-med.org/studies/ww_en_db_study_show.php?s_id=173&&search_pattern=EPILEPSY

2013 - "Sixteen (84%) of the 19 parents reported a reduction in their child's seizure frequency while taking cannabidiol-enriched cannabis. Of these, two (11%) reported complete seizure freedom, eight (42%) reported a greater than 80% reduction in seizure frequency, and six (32%) reported a 25–60% seizure reduction. Other beneficial effects included increased alertness, better mood, and improved sleep."

Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy               (abst – 2013)     http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525505013004629

FYI- THC and CBD work in totally different ways- one may be effective, where the other is not. CBD is the obvious first choice for children, but if it fails, other cannabinoids should be tried. Of all the phytocannabinoids, so far, only THC activates the CB1 receptors sufficiently to get you high! All of the others activate the "no high" CB2 receptors, or one or more of the many "GPR" receptors, or yet  to be discovered receptors. Even the "minor" cannabinoids have anti-epileptic properties!  Of these, cannabidivarin has been the most promising and most studied in epilepsy, even though it activates one of those unknown receptors.  So the scientists have no idea how it works, but it does work!

Science/UK: Antiepileptic efficacy of cannabidivarin will be tested in clinical studies       (news – 2012)     
    http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=382

Cannabidivarin-rich cannabis extracts are anticonvulsant in mouse and rat via a CB1 receptor-independent mechanism.   (abst – 2013)      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23902406

And THC, activating the CB1 and CB2 receptors, has also been shown to prevent seizures.

"THC effected reduced spasticity, improved dystonia, increased initiative (with low dose), increased interest in the surroundings, and anticonvulsive action."

On the application of cannabis in paediatrics and epileptology.      (abst - 2003)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15159680

Granny

14. Granny..... you are so right about the recipes we have here....
    I been sticking to badkittys recipe long time now.... for my epilepsy...
    I also have a good friend with a nasty case of ms..... and he takes same oil.... i make for both of us....
    He says nothing helps him on bad days like a spoonful of oil....
    We shall see what time brings us...