Anyone Else Not Trust Microwaves??

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by heehee420, Apr 16, 2014.

1. I make sure to cover my head with an protective helmet , to protect my vision from the x rays and my hearing, in case it explodes while heating up a pizza pop, since it can creates sound as loud as 155dB, It's better to be safe than sorry.

2. Thank you, showMo- that was the best post- ever!! :D and very informative ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. haha! tahnx lisa - I was kind of schtoned

4. I don't think microwaves can directly cause cancer. I believe I've read studies though, where if you put the wrong kind of container in a microwave carcinogens like Benzene can be created. 

All that aside though, I don't really distrust microwaves, I just think the food made in them tastes like soggy shit. I'd rather heat my leftovers up on the stove top, in the oven or a convection oven. 

5. I need a proper definition of that word! :D way way stoned? Shitty stoned? Shitty and stoned? So stoned your developed a lisp?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #166 SlowMo, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014

Stoned to the point it takes 3 hours to swap out headlights on an old jeep - a job that prolly should take about 1/2 hr. lol 

7. If you guys wanna see something cool that you can do at home easily and it proved the theory of ball lighting create a microwave plasma ball!

Take a candle put it on a plate then put a big glass bowl over the top. You will see a series of arks of electricity then you should get a stable ball of plasma for a few moments.

Microwaves come out a generator go down a tube to inside your oven. There are metal fans that distribute the microwave around in your oven but its not equal. Those microwaves interact with the ionized gas from the burning candle and transform it into plasma and what you will have is a tiny plasmoid.

Word of caution...you dont have to use a glass bowl or container over the candle but you run the risk of destroying your microwave. Be sure to wear safety glasses and have your microwave on a cut off switch that you can kill the electricity to. If you kill the juice to the oven then the plasma will disappear. Have your oven on for any length of time doing this and you will destroy it.

[​IMG]

8. If your interested in knowing why it does that here is a great illustration of what is happening.

The carbon is your wick, high voltage energy is being produced at the top of the carbon wick. Carbon powder is rapidly filling the volume of your oven and the energy ignites it.

[​IMG]

9. Also if your wondering if Microwaves are hazardous to your health there not. 20 years ago I worked on military Radar systems which shoot out massive volumes of Microwave radiation.

Today's Microwave is about 1000 watts of energy being dumped into the oven. The radar I worked on was a 50kw microwave generator...thats 50,000 watts of juice it required to do its job. I have been exposed to more microwave radiation in a year on that job then all of you combined in your life times that made posts on this thread.

10. Since a bag of popcorn caught fire after 2mins in, I could never trust a microwave again.

11. I hear microwaving Cup of Noodles is bad for you because the Styrofoam leaches into the water. I've been putting Cup of Noodles in the microwave for my whole life, I might get cancer, but hey, what doesn't give you cancer?

12. I think the main reason cancer is common is because.most Americans do not eat green veggies

Literally.

Its called an antioxidant for a reason

-yuri

13. When I was a kid... Our first microwave was called a " Dynawave" I shit you not.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

Manufactured by Cyberdyne Systems?

15. hell. I wasn't knee high to grasshopper back then....lol

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

16. Just use a blender instead. It's a fact that blenders are the best way to heat up cold food.

17. I don't trust microwaves by the way they don't heat my hot pockets all the way man

18. add.30 seconds

-yuri
    :lol:

Tell me about it. Getting a perfectly.smooth smootjy but not melting the ice is a pain

-yuri

19. Boxes of radiation. fucking evil things