Anyone Else Not Trust Microwaves??

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by heehee420, Apr 16, 2014.

1. I have a microwave. But I prefer food to be crispier usually so I raither wait for things to cook in my oven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. oven food definatly.taste better

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I recently conducted a genetics experiment at a University as part of my undergraduate Bio degree. We fed fruit flies microwaved apples, some microwaved on ceramic dishes, some microwaved in plastic tupperware, and some microwaved in styrofoam coffee cups. We tracked the flies through development, then executed them and sequenced their DNA for pre-cancerous genetic changes. We did not find any genetic evidence that indicated cancer would necessarily be caused. However (!); Fruit flies go through several stages of development called 'instars.' Those flies who were fed microwaved food stopped developing in their third instar stage, then died. Flies that were not fed microwaved food developed as expected.

I have also heard that plants that are watered with microwaved water do not grow healthily.

Weirdness.

4. Lol, my friend and I microwaved some eggs once but it was just to see them explode

5. who's this guy?

6. I call lie

7. #147 ProGMO, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    GMOs and microwaves are why we all live longer. the preservatives will eventually replace having the need for a mortician's services.  

8. You should conduct the experiment and see for yourself!

9. #149 s A t I v A, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    I've seen an experiment where they used microwaved water to water plants, and sure enough, all the plants eventually died.

10. i wwill do this eexperiment and let you know

11. Weird. Microwaving water is a growing technique for weed. Bizarre you've seen an experiment where it killed all the plants

12. The only person I ever knew to distrust microwaves also believed all the anti-vaccination hype.

Coincidence?

13. I do not trust microwaves. One time, I caught the microwave in bed with my wife. Pissed me off. Another time I woke up to find the microwave taking cash from my wallet!! WTF???

14. You're right... snopes prooved the experiment that I had seen false...

Microwaved waterbdoes not kill plants...

Google it.

15. fuck it, if I die it's gonna be while stuffing a hot pocket in my face.

16. I don't stand next to it while it's on. Ha if I have to walk by it I hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Wut

This was a long time ago. lol

Don't worry about eating microwaved foods. The electromagnetic radiation is designed at a particular frequency, chosen to spin water molecule back and forth. Heat is really the energy of motion of molecules. Lots of fast moving molecules are "hot" to our sensory apparatus.

The shielding knocks down the emitted microwaves to the point where the tiny proportion that may possible pass through have almost no energy. Even if the shielding is fucked up it it still probably wouldn't have enough energy, or more important, the correct frequencies, to screw with your DNA and thus cause mutation-producing cancer. If you stuck your head in you could boil your brain, though!. And microwaved food is fine - just has a lot of fast moving water molecules inside - i.e it's hot.  :laughing:

BUT - they can interfere with heart pacemakes,  And, they can interfere with the neural electrical signals that beat the heart  I can actually get a SLIGHT irregular heartbeat if I stand right in front of one that has a new and especially powerful magnetron (the source of microwave power), along with some minimal but still acceptable shielding. That's because I have a very minor "Premature Ventricular Contraction" deal where I sometimes (very rare) have some screwy contraction timing. Bluh blub -.bluh blub,- blub - bluh blub  :laughing:  Kinda makes me take a deep inhale, like when sniveling during a cry, only not quite that weird. :cry: lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. I mean, I'm not going to stick my head near one but sometimes there is left over pizza.