Anyone Else Not Trust Microwaves??

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by heehee420, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Sure it damages food, but the same goes for other cooking method that requires heating. Generally methods that cook food fast will retain more nutrition , such as using a pressure cooker to make stew in 20 min vs letting it simmer for 3 hrs. generally food that gets cooked in the microwave are leftovers that has already been cook , so naturally a lot of microwaved food will have less nutrition compared to foods that has been cooked for the first time.  

2. I don't trust them, but I still use them.
    If I get cancer I'll just smoke even more XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. It's just photons that give energy to the atoms. That energy turns into thermal energy with heats up it food. So I don't think it could give u cancer. Microwaves are just photons like visible light but at a different frequency

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. Microwave food probably does not give u cancer but i
    would not let the microwaves touch me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. im not to sure what it does to food on a atomic level. Does it still have all the vitamins and nutrients or have they been altered by the microwave?

6. Heat degrades nutrients. So if the food was already cooked and you use a mic to reheat it will have less nutrients as a result.

Even cooking food in the mic it will kill nutrients faster than slower cooking methods. Not because of the radiation, but because of how it can superheat some areas due to the very uneven and powerful cooking.

7. thanks
    if sheldon cooper says it, it must be true 

8. I dont trust microwaves soo much, that i recorded one while it was in use, and i created a song out of its noises.

dig it yo

https://soundcloud.com/black-soundwaves/microwave-radiation

I think you're right. High energy photons can and do give people cancer but they are much higher in frequency/energy (UV-> X-ray-> gamma, ...) than those transmitted by microwave ovens.  Most residential microwave magnetrons transmit at 2.45 GHz - well below even infrared that starts around 300 GHz. So even if the oven's shielding was fucked up, the photons have way too long of a wavelength to be able to be absorbed by DNA substructures (base pairs, backbone groups, etc) and thus produce cancer causing genetic mutations. 

10. Great post. Worded it betterment than I ever could on the relationship of types of radiation and cancer

11. Fuck radiation!

I have recently started being wary about using microwaves and now use the oven to warm/heat foods up Sucks how electrical devices create radiation.

12. #72 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    And right after i compliment someone on a good explanation based in science, comes this ignorance.

Oh gc

13. For someone who cries about being offended and cries foul, i thank you for that sweet comment brother
    Peace]

14. Like im going to take SloMo information on how microwaves work and how they cause radiation. Anything that uses that kinds of electricity  and focuses it in a little 2x3x2 foot box has to be leaking some sorts of radiation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=numjM95I2_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLriK8Gu-As

15. You should read up on radiation. You don't seem to have a clear understanding of what it is or its relation with cancer.

16.  Lol i aint clicking that link.  

By your logic, bananas are dangerous because they have high levels of potassium, which is a radioactive element.

Basically everything is radioactive.  Your attempt to fear the public is shameful.

17.   The sun is the most powerful source of radiation in our solar system.  It causes millions of cases of cancer, 2nd-3rd degree burns, and kills billions of organisms yearly.  Let's get rid of that, shall we?  I mean, while you're on the ignorant tirade against all radiation, you might as well go for the biggest source in our solar-system, right?

You willfully post misinformation, most everything you post is done in the name of "conservation", yet you blatantly lie about many things, and never have the fortitude to correct yourself, ever.  You will never be taken seriously until you learn from your mistakes.

I dont care how "zen" you think you are.  There is NO excuse for the crap you pull, other than you being paid a pittance to endlessly spam articles abroad.  Ridiculous. 

Isntt that why we have a magnetic field? To fend of those radiation threats you speak of?
    Is it NOT ok to say " fuck radiation" and not wanting to use microwavable ovens these days? Or did i fall into some sort of anti social thread were what ever you say goes?

Explain what crap i pull besides sharing threads and commenting on others threads? Its not like you have any interesting threads going on here... " The I Have A Weird-Ass Brother Thread"? lolwtf- Nice try buddy and lets try and stay positive

19. You think the magnetic field stops radiation conpletely? What? Haven't you heard of sunburn and skin cancer?

And you fall into a group of people who fear monger and base their ideals in fallacy and ignorance. Your uninformed stance on radiation falls up short of reality and promotes disinformation. Which we are calling you out on.

20. I found it as bad as an adiction,you can't eat anthing without microvave ing it firdt and the nutrition, i think it gets low as not present.I causes cancer and such deseases.
    Collectively this machine is not good for health.