Describe Nothing.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Delightfully High, Apr 16, 2014.

1. This is what I've been trying to say for a while now.

2. Yeah i used to dwell on this quite a lot, i wouldnt reccommend it as a healthy passtime lol.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You are assuming that you would still be conscious of your surroundings when you are dead. If you are dead, you are not conscious, so there is no perception of black or anything else.

MelT

4. Describe what now?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I don't think you could "feel" after you are dead. When you die, you cease to exist.
    On the other hand, nothingness is a whole different story. Nothingness in science is full of particles that pop in and out of existence. Check out Lawrence Krauss' book "A Universe from nothing"
    Religious people and philosophers would argue otherwise.

So I say, Check for yourself.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Grasscity Forum

6. I've always thought the same thing man

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

7. #47 uddnejfe, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    that was rude and annoying, your response to the op was a no shit response as well, he was answering the question, just like you. there is no place for rudeness

to be on topic, the concept of nothing is impossible to describe, i don't think nothing is possible

8. #48 lazytoker, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014

I admit my comment was rude. And I am sorry for that.

9. I've always thought that sleep ( besides the dream stage ) is what nothingness feels like.  You don't see black.  You don't see anything.  You don't feel anything.  And you didn't know you were asleep until you wake up.  

10. Indescribable

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

11.  I'm a long term meditator and tried something similar to one of these in australia about ten years ago. Very, very disappointing. None of them provide full sensory deprivation.

MelT

12. #53 Timesplasher, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    Funny,  By asking to describe a something being "nothng"  you have made the "term" nothing invalid within the questions context? or non question.

Cmon, you answered your own question in the best way that makes sence to you. eg The question being what would it feel like if when you died nothing happened?