Save This Link Drug Recognition Expert Program Found unscientific And Unreliable

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by 00Hassel, Apr 16, 2014.

1. I'm sure most of you are already aware, with legalization comes enhanced levels of harassment from the propaganda-based prohibitionists. One of the latest developments is the "DRE" programs that are popping up in places like CO. What's more, even the law enforcement of neighboring states have begun unwarranted profiling of CO citizens as they leave our state and enter theirs - and this is not only occurring on OUR borders but also in states who have medical programs.

This article does a great job of providing the fact-based information on how and why the DRE program has been found UNSCIENTIFIC and NOT ADMISSIBLE by a court of law!

I HIGHLY recommend to bookmark this in case YOU or a friend, loved one, etc ends up being harassed by the DRE and faces criminal punishment. The information contained in the article, if presented to your lawyer can set them in the right direction to get YOU the most protection possible.

I do not personally recommend driving under any influence. But the real issue here, IMO is that many responsible consumers of cannabis, especially medical, will often have a residual THC content in their blood over the 5ng/l limit - even if they did not smoke before leaving the house. In many cases due to the increased tolerance threshold, it is very possible to be over that limit without smoking anything that day at all. That of course means that you would have zero actual effects of impairment, but technically "fail" their blood test!

Save and pass it on! This information might save your ass someday!

http://www.thetruthaboutforensicscience.com/score-one-for-science-the-dre-program-is-found-to-be-unreliable-and-not-admissible/

Snippet:

Findings of Fact:
    <blockquote>The DRE Protocol fails to produce an accurate and reliable determination of whether a suspect is impaired by drugs and. by what specific drug he is  impaired. The DRE training police officers receive does not enable DREs to accurately observe the signs and symptoms of drug impairment, therefore, police officers are not able to reach accurate and reliable  conclusions regarding what drug may be causing  impairment.
    </blockquote>Six experts testified for the government. Three testified for the defense: a clinical pharmacologist, an ophthalmologist, and a psychiatrist. The defense experts, in summary, were all highly critical of different aspects of “drug recognition experts” and the protocol used by DRE's. All three defense experts testified that the DRE protocol and matrix are not generally accepted in the fields of medicine including specifically pharmacology, neurology, ophthalmology and psychiatry.

</blockquote> 

2. That's not the DRE I know . Be used to roll with snoop for gods sakes

Sent from your mom's phone.