Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im Here Because I Cant Take It Anymore

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by katun, Apr 15, 2014.

1. And I just need to talk to someone even if that means strangers online.

I get migraines, horrible migraines - that make me want to die - horrible. I'm fighting one right now. The medicine I've been prescribed either doesn't work at all or knocks me out cold. I've built up a tolerance to the pain medicine I've been taking and I don't want to take it anymore.

I went out to Colorado on a road trip and I met cannabis. And she made my migraines disappear for a full 20 days I was migraine free and even after I got home and did get a migraine it wasn't as severe as the one I'm having now. I can't just taking a 20 hour road trip every time I get a migraine, I probably wouldn't survive the car ride with pain this bad. I do stupid things when I get migraines, I get confused and forgetful and I'm not myself. I say things I don't mean and I honestly scare myself.

I live in Ohio. I'm planning on moving as soon as I can I might even have a job lined up. But until then I'm suffering. I've thought about hopping over to Michigan and seeing if I can get a medical card there. I'd be willing to drive 4 hour or more for some relief I'm going crazy.

So I just needed to reach out because I'm hurting, I'm depressed as hell. I know what can help me but I can't get it. I'm scared to ask anyone. And I just don't know how much longer I can do this. My migraines usually last 72 hours :-(

2. I used to have migraines and Excedrin work better than any prescription medication.  The neurologist told me Excedrin works for a lot of people.  I never tried treating them with pot.  I hope you get some relief.

3. if you don't ask, you don't get.

sorry to hear about your migraines they sound horrible

4. I get tension headaches every day and sometimes migraines too.  Had an awful migraine yesterday I couldn't even open my eyes had to leave work and go home.  When I got home I blazed up my high cbd meds and things settled down.  Find a way to make it work man.  Luckily for me I'm in a med state.  Lucky for you it seems all bud makes your migraines go away and I'm sure you can find something in your state.  Most thc doesn't help me all that much unless I get completely blasted out of my mind.  And this tends to cause anxiety though I'm working on it.  CBD counteracts the anxiety, helps my jaw pain and my sleep apnea.  I really do not like getting high every day but I figure I need to put up with it if I want to find relief.  Hopefully the dispenseries in this state will open soon so I can start my search for 1% and under thc cannabis.  I fear I will be waiting a long while.  Sometimes I enjoy smoking but I just don't want to be high every night.  I know this is a bit redic but I can't sleep any other way.  I also get night terrors and haven't had one since started taking my meds.  I'm scared to not smoke at this point because the night terrors and hallucinations freak me the fuck out.  Feels like I'm going to have a heart attack. 
    You're not alone out there, other people just like you are going through the same stuff.  I hope you find the relief you need and that you stay strong.  If you want to pm me, feel free.  Nobody understands unless you are going through it or have been through it.   It sucks not having the support you want or need.  Trust me, I know.

5. Hon, I have been migraine-free for over 14 years now! I found that daily cannabis use PREVENTS my migraines!  :yay: 

MOVE ASAP! Life without migraines is worth it! :smoke:

Granny

6. Thanks everyone I'm starting to feel a bit better so maybe this will be a short one *KNOCK ON WOOD*

I've tried excedrin and it was working up until maybe December of last year and now it just makes me twitchy and weird.

I know it's only a short time before I can move, but every time I get a migraine it's devastating blinding pain. I've was lucky enough to just stumble into something that worked for me. I've read that marijuana was a migraine cure back in the day and it can prevent against migraines and I'm a believer. the more I read about it the more it makes sense. I just wish I could talk to people about this without fear of being judged. Isn't society fun sometimes? I'm really appreciative that I can share here and be understood. Thanks again guys.

7. I'm glad you're starting to feel better.  Sorry Excedrine stopped working.  I'm not sure why mine went away but I think it's because I started taking a beta-blocker for blood pressure.  I'm just glad they stopped.  It's been eight years!
    If you're new to marijuana and especially medical marijuana, here's a couple of things that might help.  Traditionaly, there were two species of marijuana:  Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa.  In general Indicas had a heavy, body stoned effect.  Sativas had a soaring, mind high effect.  Most pot today is a hybrid of the two but can be classified as tending to more of a high or more of a stoned feeling.
    Some people say the indica works best for migraines and some say sativa works best.  It's just my observation but the sativas may help treat/relieve the cause of the migraine and the indicas relieve the pain.
    I'm not saying you should break the law but pot relieves the horrible pain of a migraine, I'd fing a way to make it wor.  I don't think your idea of hoping over to Michigan is going to work.  It's my understaning (just my understanding, mind you) you need to be a resident of the MMJ state to be eligible.  Plus, if you get caught with pot in Ohio, I don't think they will turn a blind eye just because you have a MMJ car.  To complicate things even more, I don't know if migraines are an acceptable condition for MI to issue a MMJ card.  This is just one of the many reasons I think decriminalization is much better than just allowing MMJ for approved conditions.  I hope this give you some insight and I hope you get the relief you're looking for and deserve.

8. Come back to Colorado to live!

Aside from the open access... It's just plain beautiful throughout this state. All that wondrous nature may help your migraines even more.

There's a reason why families and individuals have left their prohibition states and came to places like this. Bottom line, you are not being served well by the politicians in charge, who knows what their agenda is or when they'll push for cannabis. Even coming from the peoples majority (successful vote) it still would take great time to implement.

Just my opinion... Seriously consider moving to a state that would let you qualify for mmj or has a recreational program. Think about how nice it would be to grow your own, have a caregiver do it for you or be able to visit the dispensary - whenever you damn well please.

YOU deserve rightful access to this plant.

9. Well, since you are planning on moving soon to a medical state, I suppose your problem has been solved long term (good for you!)

Find a way to stock up on weed until the day you move. Either look around where you live for people selling, or stock up on medical by going on a trip to your neighbour marijuana-friendly states.

Whatever you do, good luck bro. Go get your medicine :smoke:

10. Yeah I wasn't sure what the laws were but after some digging I don't think Michigan is an option for me. And yes I AM moving I have wanted to since I was a child, it's a matter of money right now unfortunately. But thank you guys for the advice. I know it will happen soon! It just hurtsssssss.

11. have you contacted norml in your area? not sure how exactly they can help you but is worth a try to see. these threads really make me angry when people cannot find the relief they so desperately need in their life and denied access for their relief ( government) is like standing next to a billion pound metal robot and expecting the robot to be responsible and compassionate for the human species and their needs as human but knowing nothing of humans because of the billion pound robot status. :hide:

you will be surprised how many folks you are around every day who self medicate for their personal needs and do not tell a soul. if you are comfortable approach a few people and mention that you found relief from a devastating ailment and then mention what the relief was from, they might could help your cause, or send you to jail for needing medication.  :mad:

12. #12 Storm Crow, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    If not Colorado or Washington, then head for California! :yay:

Getting "California legal" is just a matter of having a copy of your medical records (even just a couple pages showing virtually ANY ailment will do), a California driver's license (or CA ID card) and a bit of cash! Some really cheap "pot docs" will take you without any records  :eek: , but those tend to be on the shady side, and if they lose their medical license, you have to see another doctor ASAP and get re-qualified.

If you stick to the rural areas, California is affordable!  Check out Craigslist for rental prices and more! Dispensaries are popping up even in the little towns! (Most of the local politicians want their share of all that tax money!  :ey: )

Granny

13. I cant imagine what you are going through. I get cluster headachs, a pain in the eye socket, so painful.

I hope you get through this.

Just wondering why you gave up on Michigan because it looks like migraines would qualify under the catch-all for conditions that produce severe pain. Of course you'd need to be a Michigan resident; but if you first get an Ohio state I.D. and then use it when applying for a Michigan state I.D., you shouldn't lose your Ohio driver's license, assuming you have one!

15. Out of those choices of states I vote Cali!   I'd like to end up there one day, it's awesome and so are the people. :metal:

16. #16 Grandpa kush, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    I live in Michigan ,and you have to live here to be able to get a card,
    But a few places in Michigan it is decriminalized . Ann arbor, grand rapids . Thoes are the only two I'm aware of off the top of my head. . But just because it's decriminalized don't mean its for sale on every corner . Just recently they banned all dispenseries , a few months later they made it okay to call them provisional centers . But no ones falling for that again. It's all back ally black market , unless you grow your own . And then your only allowed 2.5 ounces. I don't even know how you would make 1 plant put out that little . Let alone 12 .
    They give you enough rope to hang yourselves here . Pigs will kick your door down, they will go threw everything you own . They will take what they want . And then tell you to grow some more .
    You will be on bond, you will loose all your rights , can't vote, can't bear arms.
    Michigan sux. It's a police state. They build prisons just to house all the petty drug dealers .
    The petafiles get let go. But god help us if you got 3 oz's and a record ..
    You can't even get a job with a felony for weed . So whata do ? Smoke weed , ! And keep,going to jail . It dosent matter if you got a card . I know 6 people with cards and are on probation . They eaither had to much pot, or to many plants, or they wernt in a locked enough facility. Michigan's gray area is enough to give anyone a murderous migraine .

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. #17 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    What causes migraines? Head, neck, or back injury? Or is it as simple as caring for your body properly?

I ask because when I had neck and back issues I would get pretty nasty headaches and even migraines. So I am curious to know.

18. Migraines are the result of constriction and dilation of blood vessels.  The vessel contracts, then dilates causing that awful throbbing.  Different things trigger the constriction/dilation (hormone fluctuation, foods, odors).  I don't know if trauma can cause someone to start having migraines but trauma can cause some terrible headaches.

19. My migraines are unfortunately genetic. Hormones and other factors can trigger a migraine but they are not the cause. It is a deficiency of serotonin in the blood this causes construction of blood vessels and PRESSURE that causes it to swell. I can feel the vein when it's happening. It's always in the same spot. The more I read the more I think it's contributed to a deficiency in the endocannabinoid system -too few receptor proteins in the brain due to a mutagen of the CB1 gene.

20. I hope this does come off as to out there.  your pineal gland is an eye in your brain and it has been shown that once the pineal gland was the main energy source for humans, we actually breathed in light through the pranic tube ( center of your body) directly into our pineal gland. the gland is positioned such that it points straight up and receives the light. the problem is we changed how we breathe and rely on oxygen and absorbing nutrients physically. what this did was cause the pineal to calcify. everyone has calcified pineal glands now in time. 

you can actively imagine light pouring in and opening your pineal gland and eventually the calcium will start to wear off. babies do not have calcium there yet it builds up over time from lack of light to keep it clear and our diets. once you clear some calcium the gland produces serotonin effortlessly.

cannabis oil also helps the body make serotonin, could actually help clear the gland also as well as visualized pranic breathing practices.  never know what kind of info you find when you log into GC  :ph34r: