Kaya Gold 144W Led Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by vinnyfraser, Apr 15, 2014.

1. I like xilw3r's idea involving the cutting of the top and moving the LEDs up and out.  Is it at all possible to grow with the side panel off of your PC or is stealth an issue for you?  For me, I have to have my side panels off to manage my heat under 4x CFL lights but stealth is not my concern.

I would rather keep temps down than worry about light escaping.  Closing the case up during the nighttime to give it the darkness.

2. Yes stealth is a must for me, the light would be fine because its in another box anyways but the smell would need to be controlled

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. silicon caulk is your friend.

I feel the weight of the stealth lol. Temps go up easily in a closed off closet, cant run full blast on the lights, Had to take out the carbon scrubber since it was way too loud. The making of an ozone generator kinda failed, I cant even buy fricken alu tape in this god forsaken country, i mean jees. Also too low voltage from the source...now im experimenting with vinegar, baking soda and deodorant stick. The smell is for sure masked/taken away by the vinegar, but god it smells so bad :D Will maybe try to work out an effective baking soda/deodorant filter system. Hopefully its enough for the 2 little plants.

4. Would you mind giving me a link to this deodorant and vinegar thing? Ive never heard of it. I just made my own carbon filter.

5. Pinesol the stuff u mop with... in a 5 gallon bucket with a com9uter fan in bucket lid will also mask all smell for a month before refill.... happy 420 smoke up

6. there is no link. just the fact that soda has smell removal properties, as does deodorant as does vinegar as does coffee.

I like the pinesol idea too.

7. Ive had my seed in the soil for about a day now and still no spout :(

8. Happens.  I had to wait a full two days for my NL to break soil...I was afraid I buried it and packed the soil too hard but my plant was just a slow starter.

9. ok well i guess ill just have to wait... im scared about it lol

10. Chill, it can take up to 6 days. Give it one oz of water at lights-on daily, odds are in your favor. Waiting is an unpleasant experience in growing, but part of it. Teaches patience.

11. should i continue you water it?

12. I'm starting to want to build another box.... but this time hydroponic, Is this a good guide to follow?

13. Yes but just one oz of water.

14. #74 HBFunPeaceTime, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Had you intended on including a link? Those other than me will have to jump on on hydro techniques. It's not for me, I do soil only. I think most of the experienced growers in GC would say to get a couple soil harvests under your belt before going hydro. Soil is more forgiving and will teach you how to read your plants better. That said, I have seen great first grows in hydro but the seem to have a lot of time available and a decent amount of cash to buy stuff.

15. For a first time hydro you can consider hempy buckets. Super easy, low maintenance, no pumps and other shit needed. Its not a hydro as you know it, its called passive hydro, but gives results closer to dwc than soil.

16. Heres an update on the growth. Temps are sound 85ish which i know is to hot but im working on it
    Last night                                               today
    last night.jpg       today.jpg

17. #77 vinnyfraser, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    UPDATE 4/23/2014
    Heres a picture of what they look like. Apparently i out two seeds in because another plant is growing in the pot?? This was a compete trip for me what all the sudden there were two plants. Should i keep them both??

Mystery                                                      Kaya Gold 
    today.jpg                     today 2.jpg                           

18. Why the hell would you get rid of one haha. You'll just need to transplant one when they get a little bigger....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I dont want to get rid of them, i just dont have room for two plants in my box.... and i smell might be an issue with two plants also

20. You don't remember putting two seeds in?  LOL.  Can you take one outside when it gets bigger?  Thats what I did to save space.