Kaya Gold 144W Led Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by vinnyfraser, Apr 15, 2014.

1. The white one is too tall for me
    I would try and cut some plastic of the green one where the fan is

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Or use something more square and low rather than rectangular

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Put the fan in the door if you have too

4. Heres the pot ive changed to, and as you can see im back to having heat issues...... i dont know what to do...
    New bot.jpg

5. Not sure how much heat it would reduce but you could try a smaller pot that doesn't block the intakes as much? Or upgrade your exhaust and get a 3" fan, that's what I just did and documented in my journal. My temps (in journal) were about 80" hopefully will go down to ~76F

6. im all ready running a 120mm one. Im pretty sure thats the biggest they make. Im going to try and find one that i can adjust the speeds

7. I dont think the foil at the bottom is creating any heat at the top. I think im going to have to get a stronger exshaut fan...

8. I would say put an exhuast on both sides of your light right at the vents and you need a fan blowing air orund the space on the inside... reall thats just a small space with any light it will be hard to keep down temps.. keep a fan running over your plant when it sprouts so the air thats directly around the plant is being cooled that will decrease the temperature your plant will be experiencing. ?.. idk

9. you could make your led lamp the top of the grow box, seal it with caulk around the edges and add a second top with an open side to conceal and vent the lamp-roof.

I know this is a fuck ton of work but it would for sure solve your dilemma :D and i also dont know how your light works, im assuming it has a heatsink with fans which vent the air ?

10. This guy right here just solved hour problem and its not that much work^^^^^^

11. Thats an awesome idea but i dont have enough room to raise the LED lights out of the box.... im starting to think im going to have to move the box somewhere else... Awesome idea tho!

12. I have an idea on how to fix my problem! I need to ask 1 question first. The LED's lights arent creating the heat correct? Its the fan venting off them?

13. can you share a pic? I am wondering if it is low enough you might be able to place what is in the way and put it on blocks, raise it up just enough to get some airstream going.

14. dude what? :D

if the leds didnt create the heat, why the hell have a fan in the first place lol.

15. Im sorry i worded my question poorly. I was trying to say does the heat come off the lights itself? For example if i have the vents on the LED's outside the box. Will heat from the phyical LED light still make my box to hot? Im not good at explaining things if you still dont understand my question ill draw a picture on paint lol

16. #59 vinnyfraser, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    I drew out my idea tell me what you think. Ill pretty much be just moving the roof down about an inch so the LEDs are outside the box. Hopefully will fix my problem 
    Current                                                         Idea
    Right now.png                Idea.png

17. thats basically what i suggested before :) It will for sure solve the heat issue

Heat arises in the diodes themselves, but since leds have that small plastic capsule/ enclosement protecting the diode which has low thermal conductivity, the heat just takes the least resistant path and leaves through the heatsink at the back where it is vented out. This is why plants do not get as hot under led lights. Because heat is not radiating directly onto them but instead leaves through the back of the pannel.