Kaya Gold 144W Led Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by vinnyfraser, Apr 15, 2014.

1. #1 vinnyfraser, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Hello everyone this is going to be my third grow of all time!

LED's im using
    http://www.topledgrowlight.com/reflector-led-grow-light-96x3w.html#.U01dM_l318E

Box I've made myself ive done some slight modifications but its still pretty much the same 
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-designsetup/1290735-diy-cheap-small-perfect-grow-box-carbon-filter.html

Seeds
    Kaya Gold purchased from Nirvana Seeds
    http://www.nirvanashop.com/en/regular-marijuana-seeds/770-kaya-gold-10-seeds.html

Heres a picture on how everything's looking
    LED.jpg
    LED 2.jpg

NEW SET UP
    New.jpg

2. The seed is currently germinating! Ill post when i first plant it :) :smoke:

3. #3 xilw3r, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    should be awesome, but you will have to train your plant for it to fit in here, very little vertical space and its a sativa type too.... you are in for a ride here :D

I'd do a scrog in your case :D A ton of tops ...mmm....

And you will have to keep it in veg for a very short time. I would not do more than 11-14 days, depends on how fast it will grow.

please oh please do a scrog :D I just wanna see that happen in your box

4. veg for only 14 days?? really? i thought it was like a month in veg lol and ill forsure scog :)

5. well like i said, lets see how it grows. but judging from the pics your box is like 40cm tall ?  the plant will be 2-3 times larger in flower. I would probably switch to 12/12 when the plant takes up something like half of the scrogs area. But im a newb too, you should consult with scrog pros lol

Put up the scrog early on and never stop tucking branches under it, i see a lot of people just let the tops grow through and basically  loose the point of the scrog.

6. The box is 45 cm tall but since the bucket is so big the plant only has around 25cm to grow.... is that to little? What height should i place the scrog?

7. Hows this for a DIY scrog??
    DIY.jpg

8. looks great. Is it the exatct (+-) size of your grow box area ? if so, you might have problems with space. Maybe even consider going 12/12 from seed.

Place the net as low as you can, best option would be to make it adjustable.

And yea, regular pots kinda suck for micro grows. If i were you i would look for a rectangular pot that is a bit lower than your current one. you will have more height + more root space

9. Oh i never thought of using a rectanglur pot! Would i get the same results? Would the roots know you find dirt sideways?? And no the scurg is smaller then box

10. the shape of the pot changes nothing. only more root volume = bigger plant. I suppose if its a very shallow pot the roots might develop slower, but they will grow no matter what,

11. Yeah the pots much shallower

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

12. that pot would work great, its enough depth, mine is very similar and i even did not fill it up to the top (dumb ass me). But try to find the best possible fit :D i mean when i bought my pot it was 2cm too long so i cut off the sides and it barely fits now. But it fits

13. I am def subscribing to this thread to see the results.  I'm also in agreement that the roots can use more space, and in agreement that some serious training will be necessary in your small enclosure.  I'm doing a PC grow myself, and I will attest to this for sure.

I would LST below the screen after week 2 or so, and then let it grow up into the screen.  Then you can top it to produce more side colas to SCROG.  But don't top it until it has plenty of nodes, maybe 6?

What are your temps with the LED setup?

14. Im going to lst and scrog! And its around 80 in there! I know its a bit home but thats why i got Kaya Gold it said it can with stand hotter temps.

15. What would be the better option? 
    Better.jpg

16. the green for sure. no question about it lol. compare the volumes :D and its not even that shallow.

If you can fit this in your box you are golden.

17. Hows the new set up looking??? Should the scrog be lower?
    New.jpg

18. #19 xilw3r, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    i think starting to train earlier would be better (meaning i would put the net lower)

Very cool dude, this is gonna be great! If your plant doesnt outgrow this box after 4 weeks lol.

Plus i would move the pot closer up to the light, about half way., just put some cds stacked beneath. Oh and maybe you can then just lower the scrog along with the pot when needed from then on :D

19. Ok should i lower the net or raise the box?? And i hope it doesnt....