Obamacare To Force Northwestern U. To Buy Maternity Coverage For Its Football Players

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Apr 15, 2014.

1. http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5526

The government is so funny when it tries to dictate to us what we need. LMFAO!

2. #2 Penelope420, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    This really has nothing to do with Obamacare. 

They are employees now, so they are buying into Northwestern's group policy.   It's a group insurance policy, paid by all employees.  Including females.  Most group insurance policies have always covered pregnancies... even pre-Obamacare.

It also covers things like prostate exams, testicular cancer, etc (which the female employees don't need).  It probably also covers things like sports injuries, which most of the other employees probably won't use.

If they don't want to pay for a policy that includes pregnancy coverage, they can purchase their own, individual, private policy, instead of buying into a group plan. 

3. Oh dat healthcare scam....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. That's up to the players. But the University still has to offer it. Which is completely ridiculous. The whole student athlete employee thing is ridiculous.

5. #5 garrison68, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    This is just one example of it, but all plans under the ACA have maternity coverage.  There's a good reply as to why, in Consumer Reports: 

\n

6. Ill give it a year tops before NWU gets sued for not abiding by the Wagner Act

7. offering consumers an option is ridiculous? it's an OPTION U DUMb motherfuker tea bag foxnews morons !! optional option not mandatory optional!!!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 Penelope420, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Oops

9. #9 Penelope420, Apr 16, 2014
    What I was trying to say is that they DO have an option.

The thing is, getting highly customized insurance where you get to pick and choose what is covered and what is not, is an expensive service.

A group policy is still cheaper, even if it does cover those wimmin-folk issues.

ETA: isn't it possible that some of these adult men could get married (or already be married)? To women? Who might need maternity coverage?

10. #10 lilro, Apr 16, 2014
    Optional for the "employees", not optional for the University you fucktard. This means tuition goes up, student loan debt goes up, the country suffers.

Forcing a school to pay for health insurance for an "elite class" of students is fucking retarded.

Where does it end? Does the tennis team get this? How about Mathletes and the Chess Club? Paying students for engaging in extracurricular activities is dumb as fuck.

Once these players have to start paying taxes on their school scholarships this shit will change real quick.

That's why the gov't is so hasty to "offer" this health insurance scam. Money.

11. Student tuition- for decades- has subsidized new stadiums (and all of the required maintenance) and cheerleaders, and uniforms, and practice uniforms, and sneakers, and coaches, and travel expenses, and scholarships, and recruitment agents.

But sure, a group health insurance policy that covers pregnancy will ruin it for everyone!

12. And student tuition has continued to rise for all those aforementioned reasons. What's your point?

13. my point is that male employees having to pay for group policy that includes maternity coverage is no more newsworthy, or outrageous, then female employees paying for a group policy that covers prostate exams.

14. College players do have a lot of babies

15. does it raise the costs much if it is included but never utilized?

16. #16 Lenny., Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    I have individual health insurance, and it now has to cover maternity and pediatric dentistry. I think that is BS

Group health insurance, well that's just how it works. everyone in the group pays for everyone else.

17. #17 garrison68, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    They're not going to custom-create every policy for each individual. If you're a woman, you don't need a prostate exam, if you're an adult  you don't need pediatric dentistry, seniors often need cataract surgery, etc.  You use what applies to you.   

It's not that hard to comprehend. 

18. Hey Garrison you rock
    Don't ever stop doing what you're doing

19. #19 yurigadaisukida, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Hes right though. I dont support obama care or any state funded health programs.

But health insurance is meant to make healthcare cheap for sick people, by charging healthy people.

There shouldnt be plans, or this covers such and such.

There is no reason a healthy male cant pay for an unhealthy female. As long as its voluntary.

It should just be everyone puts in. Only people who need it take out

Denying claims is how they make money.
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app