Hash + Vegtable Glycerin, Help A Brother Out :)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SweetRoll, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Hey guys

I've done a vigorous search for something on this but I've had little success :(

I've been vaping for a while now and I've been experimenting with mixing hash and Vegetable Glycerine with great success, however the process is rather lengthy.

I've had an idea to help mix the 2 products together, using 99.99% isopropyl alcohol but I've come across nothing to help me.

What I'm aiming to do, is mix my hash into some isopropyl alcohol to allow the hash to be more manageable and then adding Vegetable Glycerine (based on amount of hash) to the iso/hash mix and then using heat to help evaporate the iso in the mix.

What I'm asking is, would the iso destroy or denature the VG in anyway? also would it be possible to evaporate all the iso from the mix using heat to help the process along? I plan on using the final product in my Protank 3 with VV battery

Thanks Very Much

2. well i decided to just go ahead and try a small batch to see if it was worth while, probably started 20 minutes after i posted.

Heres what i did.

I took 5g good quality QWISO i made and 2g sifted kief, nice and blonde it was. so total weight was approx 7g of hash. i then submerged that hash in 8ml of 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and mixed untill all chunks had broken up and disolved into the alcohol (all done in a small pyrex flask). Into that mix, i added 7ml of Vegtable Glycerine USP, and stirred and mixed for approx 10 minutes.

I brought a small of water to simmer, placed a small towel inside and placed the flask into the water, and left to simmer away for 3 hours.

after inspection, theres no smell of alcohol and the VG and hash had seemed to mix rather well. after standing for 30 mins there was no seperation of either substances so off to a good start.

from here, i plan to place the flask in hot water again and leave for a futher 3 hours with stirring to ensure that all ISO has evaporated.

What do you guys think? ill post some pics up when i can but will this be ok to use in an E cig tank (Protank 3) without any ISO residue being present?

3. When I make an e-liquid batch with hash I just double broil it like with normal buds/ Keif with the veg glycerin and a tad bit of water and it seems to blend very well. It's better with hash because there is no staining involved and it dissolves pretty quick

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app