Giving It A Shot

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Amhazed, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Take all or some of the soup out of res and replace it with plain water.

This will dilute or lower your ppms.

Journal:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1290525-400w-MH/HPS-mixed

2. Ill pull up a seat and join in on this ride.

I had super good luck. plants just want to grow.

My little ones liked 5.8 PH and 260 PPM grew like crazy.

3. Thank you...I plan on just using water, Cycos Dr. Repair, H2O2, and Boost 1 on a 1/4 scale.
    does that sound ok?
    Here she is today. Again, if you look back you can see the positives are starting to outweigh the negatives at least to my rookie eyes...for a plant called Speedy . She sure is coming along SLOWLY

Attached Files:

4. Here's my Onyx today. I have a question about this one too. When I get home from work the last 2 days Onyx has had about 4 or 5 water drops on the leaves. I get home about 15 minutes after sunrise in my tent. I believe that it's during my "night" time that my humidity is jumping up to the 50, 60% range.could I be right in my hypothesis or do you all think it's something else? Or does it even matter?

Attached Files:

5. That's the plant transpiring or sweating most likely. It should be fine.

6. Welcome to the horror show lol. The more the merrier. I hope my noobness doesn't frighten you to badly

7. #47 theg0v3rn0r, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Okay, a couple things. I'm new as well and only maybe two weeks ahead of your grow. 1) they are right get rid of all of the nutes until at least two weeks. 2.no cal mag if you're using tap. It has cal mag in it. 3.how far is your water level from the net pot?. 500 ppm is far to high for seedlings. Water droplets will cause heat burn by magnifying the light. There is a fair chance that the original issues stemmed from the plant competing with algae. I would suggest flushing out and cleaning your buckets out with a mild bleach solution (rinse very well) get distilled or ro water and mix it half and half with tap and just run them on that for about a week. 6.2 ph is good. They absorb different nutes from ph of 5.5 to 6.5, so ideally you want it to slide through that range to get the most out of it.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Subbed.

9. Oh, one more thing. If you use tap you must leave it out in an open container for at least 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate. You probably already knew that, but , just in case you didn't. It is important.

10. And you may want to sub my journal. Like I said I'm two weeks ahead of your grow and I have a similar set up. So problems I come across could likely be things your soon to face.

11. Sorry to blow up your thread but I thought of one more thing. Hydroton needs to be rinsed thouroughly and ph'd like rockwool. Otherwise it will spike your ph and gunk up everything. I thought of it because the brown line you said you had. Its most likely hydroton dust, not algae. Algae is green/clear. You would probably feel algae before you see it. So, if your hydroton isn't already rinsed, soaked, and ph'd then do it when you flush.

12. It's cool I don't mind at all. I'll take all the help I can get. Soooo where to start...In your 1st reply i think you confused my to grows I'm running in this post Onyx and Speedy Gonzalez. Onyx has the water droplets Speedy does not. Don't think Speedy had an algae problem to contend with because she was only in rock wool until this week and problems have been since "birth"...not sure if hydroton and hydrocorn are the same but regardless I soaked it in 5.5 ph'd water for 1.5hrs before I used it..when i wake up i will be flushing Speedy and setting her back up nutrient free....again thanks for subbing and I appreciate any and all help

13. I also am not sure if hydrocorn is the same. When I rinsed my hydroton (it looks the same) there was rust colored water coming out of the strainer for twenty minutes running under the tap. They have a lot of dust. I just know that would cause a brown line.

14. So if you just soaked it and didn't flush that would cause the brown line and ph flux. So, how far is your net pot from the water line. I would recommend at least an inch away.

15. Here's a pic of one of my girls. I planted the seeds three weeks ago yesterday.

16. 1398344487235.jpg

17. I'm a noob, so I figured you might want to see where I'm at before heeding any advice I may give.

18. Does bottled drinking water have to sit for 24hrs as well?

19. No. It doesn't have chlorine

20. It's picture day 😎...1st up is my problem child...Speedy Gonzalez. ..so I pulled her. Cleaned her house. Put her back.....it looks to me (the untrained eye) that she gets better with each passing day. Which makes me very happy because of the few seeds I purchased. These were the ones I REALLY wanted to have success with.

Attached Files: