Will My Cfl Set Up Work?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jay4L, Apr 15, 2014.

1. I'm a first time grower. I bought a clone and I threw it outside under natural sunlight and night. Until I started seeing white pistols pop out everywhere I panicked thinking it's starting to flower so I put together a cfl set up that includes four daylight 23w 6500k 1450 lumens cfls, 2 23w 1600 lumens cfls, and one 42w 2800 lumens cfl will this work? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397531315.761410.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397531343.193108.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397531367.459536.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The 2 23w 1600 lumens are 5000k and the one 42w 2800 lumens is 2700k

3. That will work run it 20 hours a day or so.

4. It's going on 3 days of 24/0 should I stick to that? And the sun shines really nice on my balcony during the day I've been sticking it out in the sun till it goes down and then I put it under my cfls for the rest of the night. Is that okay to do also? It seems to enjoy the sun. But up until today I had 2 of my daylight cfls on each side of the plant and leaves started to droop. I got concerned raised the lights how they are now and it doesn't seem to be drooping anymore.

5. It will work but I'd try to keep the lights a little closer to the plants. Bright, outside light is great. You may want to look into topping or super cropping to get a better yeild. Go to the main forum and scroll down to the "Cultivation" section and check out the "Indoor" and "Absolute Beginners" forums. There's a lot of helpful info there. Best of luck.

6. Thanks man

use the sun all you can, its a bad ass grow light. :D cfl's at night is great.

8. Sounds good thanks!

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397539726.273665.jpg raised it with this stool. What do you think close enough?

10. Looks better to me. The informal rule I follow is as close as possible without doing harm. It keeps the plants compact and producing what you want them to.

Thats better, the plant will be in the lights soon enough. My plants will grow right into the 1,000w's and cook themselves if im not watching.

12. when you veg what's your light cycle? 25/0???

13. (Correction) 24/0???

14. I usually leave the lights on 24/7 for veg.  Sometimes I'll switch to 18 on, 6 off after about a month.  I can't say if it makes a difference.

15. mines been vegging for about 2 months it's 7 inches tall right now I'm thinking of going to 18/6 tonight I have it on 24/0 so when it hits it's 18th hour tonight at midnight I'm going to put it to sleep for six hours. Or should I finish the week on 24/0? What do you think? I hear people talking about how plants do enjoy sleep and that having 24 hours of light is just a waist of energy cause it doesn't need that much.

16. (Correction) my clones been vegging for 1 month.

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397675046.832115.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397675071.147151.jpg

18. I don't know if a dark period is needed during veg.  I've done it both ways and I don't see a difference.  Some people say yes, some no.  My guess is six hours of darkness is better for the plant but I don't have a solid answer.

19. Going on my second day of 18/6. Overall she seems to be doing good! Just gave her some fresh nutes.

20. Thinking I'm going to give her 18/6 for one more month of veg... Then im going to flower. She's starting to smell a bit to! Thanks for the help.