Ate A Mango Before Toking, First Time

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by chzdgg, Apr 15, 2014.

1. So I've been reading a lot about how the myrcene in mangoes is supposed to increase the euphoria from cannabis and I decided to try it out. I grabbed a mango that had been sitting in my kitchen for a few days and I toked 30 minutes later and I had great results. I felt as high as I did back when I first started smoking and was having crazy audio distortions. :smoking:

I went out and bought some lemongrass extract that I'm going to drink before tonight's session, hopefully it'll have even better results. If you haven't tried this yet I'd highly recommend it.

2. Fucking stoners man! hahaha

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The riper it is, the higher mycrene content. I would let it get slightly ripe past where you would normally eat it, toss it in a blender with some strawberries and ice and you're good to smoke 30min-1hr later. Worthwhile, just one more thing to do with weed.

4. I ate avocados and plum jelly right before i smoked and I was ultra wasted. :bolt: But seriously I've tried mango juice and noticed nothing. So who knows, I'm glad it worked for you.  Natural high enhancer.  :smoke:

5. Eh.
    Tried one mango. No luck. Did two, still no luck.

Didn't work for me

6. That sounds good, maybe ill start making smoothies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Mango has worked for me before. What's the deal with lemongrass though?

8. Update: I drank one serving of lemongrass extract and blazed 40 mins later. I didnt feel much until about ten minutes after the sesh but now Im fucking really lifted.

Lemongrass contains myrcene which is the terpene that gets you higher, it is also found in mangoes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. So you eat the mango then smoke? Or smoke then eat the mango?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I think you smoke the mango.  :confused_2: :bolt:

You got it

12. Done a mango lassi for like 4 and it didn't change our buzz

sent from a phone that hasn't been invented yet

Eat than wait 30 minutes - 1 hour.

14. mal is that u fam? :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Cannabis itself has myrcene in it. 

Myrcene itself DOES have analgesic qualities..  however, mangoes are actually a poor source of myrcene.  Thyme is a much better source.

By all logic, if myrcene DID make the high more intense, all weed would get you blasted, regardless of potency.  

All it does is relieve pain and smell nice.  The end.

It's the additional mycrene that's getting you higher. If you look at research, it will explain to you that mycrene helps THC pass through the BBB, or brain blood barrier, quicker so you get high faster, and you also stay high for longer.

17. You did two mangos? Bro you overdosed. But then again for someone as obviously hardcore like yourself, maybe you can do like three mangos.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I need to try that I wanna get super baked... We need a cannabis myth busters is there a forum for that?

19. Ugh, i'm so tired of explaining this.  It does NOT get you higher.  There IS no research, because cannabis is schedule 1. 

I have explained above that myrcene simply has analgesic (pain relieving) qualities, which can make a high more ENJOYABLE.  But other than that, the only way to get higher is to.. well.. get higher.  

Y'all posting in a placebo thread. :laughing:

Yeah, my bad, what I've read doesn't say it makes you HIGHER - I didn't mean that. But you'll get higher QUICKER and for LONGER. Okay?