Possible Security Breach

Discussion in 'Security' started by Dr McJiblets, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Wife and I just moved into an old house and have a huge garage. I dropped seed a few weeks ago. Anyway, we were having a cookout yesterday for my oldest's birthday. I went inside for just a minute and when I came out, my stepson's stepmother's father had his head in the door to the garage. He didn't say anything but kinda gave me the cold shoulder. He might just be a quiet guy. It was our first meeting.

Also, my neighbor (he's cool) is 74 years old. His wife saw them and said, "Is that marijuana?"

The woman is a retired nurse and I didn't want to insult her intelligence. I told her that it was. I also reiterated to her that the children are not allowed near it, I don't distribute, and if she has a problem with it at any point or in any way feels uncomfortable about it, that I will throw them away, no questions asked and no hard feelings. She told me that she was fine with it. But, I sensed she was a little uneasy about it (older generation). I told her that I'm not into anything else and that's about it. 

My question is, do I rip them up and throw them away? I'm a pre-med student with a wife and two sons. I have A LOT to lose here. One friend brought to my attention that if the man had been alerted, he would've kicked my door in last night. What do you blades think?

It kills me to have to toss 4 beautiful plants, but I don't want to do time for this and getting busted would ruin my life.

Do I pull them or not?

My friend also suggested that I might take the plants somewhere else and just tell her I uprooted them. Then put them back once any possible suspicions blew over. I've been freaking out all day over this.

2. It's also worth noting that last night my neighbor assured me several times that if his wife had a problem with it, she would let me know. Am I just being overly paranoid?

3. Well man what I would do is be more discreet about your growing. Get yourself a tent and tuck it away in a corner and make it look like its not there. You should be sketched out that a couple people have seen it but I wouldnt pull them. Buy a carbon filter and a tent and you will have no issues. You dont want to learn the hard way do ya?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Put them up in the attick for a few weeks and play it cool if you can. Its first timer paranoia you got goin on.

5. Yeah. I already pulled them. Been pricing tents and filters. I'll try again in a few weeks/months and a tent is definitely the way to go. Just gonna take awhile. Don't have a lot of dough to throw around right now. Definitely gonna need that carbon filter, too.

6. nooooooooooooooo:eek: lol def.done that a couple times. Be prepared next time bud. Peace

7. Thanks, man.

It was a sad thing to have to do. But, it's a bullshit society we live in. I'll take another swing someday. Thanks for the talk.

8. Talked to the neighbor and I think I was just being paranoid. Nonetheless, trying to decide on a grow tent.  :devious:

9. a bunch of good ones on eBay for around 100$ so the auction and maybe $75 :p

Sent to you from my drug phone.

10. "Sent to you from my drug phone." 

Love it. Just saw that.

Yeah. They're about the same on Amazon. Got a surprise refund check that I'm going to call and verify I received for the right reasons (we weren't expecting it). So, will see how that goes. Any idea what size tent I'll need? I'm just looking to make enough for personal use, but my HPS/MH is 600w. Didn't know if heat would be an issue. The grow room does a surprisingly well job of holding the cool air from the night before. I probably won't be able to grow much in July/August, but I'll just need them to flower by then. Gonna get a carbon filter, too. I think security will be on lock now with a tent and won't be obvious. It'll fit in the corner nicely beside the bookshelf behind all my junk. Shouldn't be noticeable at all.  :)

11. Like a 5 by 5 or 6 size will do. My tent is the size of a small bookshelf but I'm currently micro growing I'm something much smaller for now. The carbon filter will help with the heat displacement. Let me know when its up and.running.

Sent to you from my drug phone.

12. Will do. I'll probably start a journal. Ordered a 36" x 36" x 72" tent. Probably going to have 2-3 plants at a time going. That, or to make my seeds last, I'll germ one mother and clone her. That could turn a nice harvest from each seed. Seeds are in the mail (fingers crossed they past customs again). Waiting for a check to clear the bank and then I'm ordering my carbon filter.

13. Wait till you have everything ready to go before starting some more plants it makes things so much easier to control. Also when looking for a carbon filter that is one thing I would not skimp on if your worried about smell, Can brand and Phresh are some of your top two most recommended ones and from numerous threads I have read here people who bought cheap filters were disappointed with the job they did and said they wished they spent the extra money and bought a good brand name one.

14. If already on decent terms, that "tell me if you want them gone and it'll happen" approach is wonderful. Old people don't give a damn about much as long as you don't disturb them all the time. People will put up with quite a bit usually as long as you remain a good neighbor? Glad to see you getting things together for a more secure grow. Best of luck to ya.

15. The guy who bought the house next to us to rent out is a retired secret service agent and one Saturday morning about 9am he knocked on the door to tell us that there was a garage sale a few streets around the corner selling grow supplies. This was about 3 or 4 years ago and he still rents the house out. As for our other neighbors their cool about it and we give them a little bit every now and then to keep the peace and them happy.

16. Oh lord. For some odd reason I started reading that with the assumption you were telling a story to prove me wrong. 1/2 through the first sentence and I was terrified. I know the Tell no one rule and all, but in a functioning neighborhood it's not the easiest task. Sharing is caring and it can come with some perks. One neighbor repositioned his security cameras to cover my backyard when I told him I was putting a green house up. I repay their trust by pulling the midnight shift and keeping an eye on their shit.

Hopefully you take these as inspirational stories and not thread jacking OP ;)

17. She said she was cool with it at the party and all. But, I got spooked when she told my mother-in-law, "I can't believe they have [the baby] out here in only a diaper." It was our backyard and it was 88 degrees. I just immediately thought, 'Great. All it'll take is her getting pissed over something.'

There are a lot of "busy bodies" over here. Anyway, she knows I tore them up. I think we're good. What she doesn't know is that the new seeds are in the mail and the tent will be here tomorrow.  :devious:

18. Haha people will judge no matter what. Everyone has different parenting styles. Screw you old lady haha

19. The whole bingo club knows you grow now...good luck

20. Yeah, but I only have to wait like, what...two weeks before nature kicks in?