Hugging

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by blazer12345, Apr 14, 2014.

1. #1 blazer12345, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    Ive just finished meditating and a little toke and now I feel open to receiving emotions and it makes me want a hug.

Why in this world dont we hug more often? It feels good to 99% of people so why dont we hug each other more often, when we greet, throughout the day, whenever. We are a social being that enjoys contact and share emotions (seeing someone sad makes you sad etc).

I sometimes go weeks at a time without a hug. If a baby never experiences human contact from birth, it dies, no matter if its fed and watered. It makes me think what are the psychological impacts on me... in general, shouldnt we as a species focus more on sharing emotion and love... its not a matter of it feeling good... we need it.

sent from under mi sensi tree

What about feral children?

3. well exactly they havent had enough human contact... these ones alive are alive because they were touched at some time... duh

4. #4 greenrebel, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    While I agree that human interaction is essential, sitting back and being observant is just as essential, it has been proven that hugs can actually cure an illness..sometimes you accidently hug a cactus that will turn around and shove a prick up your ass..so it's always nice to choose who you hug
    Edit* everyone here is cool though, so hugs for all!!! :D
    rudeboi since '86

5. I'd hug you, Bob Marley.

6. *hugs*

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I love me some hugs. I don't have to go too many days without hugs, ever... but I like hugging people, too... not everyone, though. I am comfortable with the people I am comfortable with hugging.

8. A plant baby needs nutes as well:)

9. That's a pretty good question, really. I guess it's mostly a cultural thing, it's more common in some than others. Many consider it too personal for those besides close friends and family.

If nothing else, hugging is more sanitary than shaking hands :p get a lot less germs from the back of someone's shirt than the palm of their hand.

10. How would a baby be feed with out being touched

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. with a spoon or a bottle jesus do I really have to answer that one

12. Yea what do you feed a baby in a spoon...
    There's no way you can have a baby with out touching it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. stop being pedantic mate a woman vould give birth to a baby and then never touch it again...

http://m.voices.yahoo.com/infants-die-if-they-not-touched-10343551.html

14. Hugs are great, I agree we should all hug a little more and loosen up maybe then humanity as a whole would have a more loving approach, who knows. Personally I always greet people with a hug and a kiss on the cheek but I'm pretty affection, some people prefer not to touch or be touched by anyone.

And I've seen plenty of babies learn really young how to hold their own beaker / bottle so a non touchy parent could just be doing that. I don't know how anybody could have a baby and not spoil it with kisses and cuddles.

"Find what you love and let it kill you."
    - Charles Bukowski

15. I'm all about hugging the people I want to hug! Also, when I pick up someone's "I need a hug" aura, I'm willing to accommodate. Sadly, my aura must be broken because I don't get many hugs, except from the DH, and those are mandatory.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. Definately agree, sometimes it can feel like you actually NEED a hug, especially after being alone with your thoughts too long. Also, lol at prev post ^

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. my dealer hugs the gf and i and some of his other friends whenever we depart company.

im not saying its the only times ive hugged people ouside my family/gfs, but i cant seem to recall any others.

i have however rubbed and soothed many a person on a bad trip or puking or something. i dont see why some people have such a taboo against contact and affection. i think a little in some cases stems from homophobia or insecurity.

18. #19 Bubbashine, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    People need to do more things like this! I do love a good hug or handshake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIFb6-rSJ-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZpq2sD6wE

19. I give out less then 40 hugs a year that way the recipient truly feels special.

People have become hugging whores. Who wants the cow when you can get the milk for free? :D