Just Attempted To Make Oil

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Fessler23, Apr 14, 2014.

1. 91% iso. Used about 2g stems, 1g kief, and 2g bud. All frozen in one of those jars. Made a bit of a mess attempting to strain through the coffee filter but I managed to get the debris out. All in the pyrex. Ran my mix of assorted dankness through the iso twice and put it all in the pyrex. Fan on the stove is set to high, crossing my fingers now lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. let me know how it goes

3. scraped up between .5-.75. Dark amber but not black.

4. #4 fostosties, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    How was it?
    And was that weight in gr or oz?

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. if it is oz, he's a fucking magician

6. He's a magician. He fooled us and we don't like it. Lol, I misread his weights. I must have been higher off that grape god than I thought!

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Grape God has been my favorite of the grapes thus far.  I don't go out of my way for them like I do a bubba kush or power plant though.

8. Haven't tried any grape but bubba is always a good time lol. Such nice thick buds too.

9. Check out this g I just bought of honey oil for 30$ fuckin white !

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. ew purge it

:p

11. Almost gone now haha :p pretty broke right now and just did it the best way I could with what I had, I have an electric griddle but lately I've been reading horror stories about the accuracy in temp...

12. That was more directed towards the guy above me lol you havent even posted any pics of your final product, hows it look? have you scraped yet?

13. Woops haha here it is. As you can see I messed up a bit but not too terribly lol. Was between .5-.75 scraped up, dark amberish

Attached Files:

14. what are you doing for filtering? did that stuff make it through on accident? Try keeping your washes a little quicker next time so its less green, you dont really want the alcohol to have a green tinge. are you freezing everything before running it? if so, for how long?

15. Coffee filter, I spilled lol >.> I did freeze the iso and bud but for a little less than 24hr, I shook for about 23 seconds lol

16. try a gentle swirl instead, no violent shaking should be necessary. I've also done runs where I just let the bud sit in the iso inside the freezer with no agitation, I want to try it with dry ice to see how subzero IPA extractions work out

17. I will try the swirl, at least for one wash, probably do a second wash right away with shaking though. Broke as hell lol I want the less tastey oil too haha

18. Let me know how the dry ice goes too though was considering trying some myself, to keep it cold while making it more so than trying a no shake method but that's interesting too o.o

19. I smoked dark amber before, I like the pure stuff though. gives a stronger high

20. the pure stuff huh?

:laughing: