I Think The Government Is Trying To Make Are Minds Weak?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandsouls, Apr 14, 2014.

1. i am pretty passionate

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. A compelling argument for why proper writing is important: https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm

(TL:DR - George Orwell argues that frivolous and deteriorating language co-substantiates a similar decline in various societal areas, economical, political and otherwise.)

3. Wow, I was unaware of the levels of Grammar Nazism on GC; I was under the impression that stoned typos are taken for granted here, barring a few pricks...

Lucky you :D
    But then why the preference for Americanised spelling?

It's sad when people are so poor in their native language that one must read a simple sentence several times over to figure out what it is supposed to mean. I'm not talking about the occasional typo or punctuation error -- but writing in sentence fragments, words misspelled so bad that you can't even tell what they're supposed to be, questions without a "?" at the end, etc.

It didn't used to be this way.

Once in a while I'll run into someone on the internet who is apologizing all over for writing so poor -- and it isn't poor IMO, it seems pretty damned good. Then they say that English is not their native language -- they're from Germany, Japan, whatever.

This should shame Americans into learning their own language better -- at least to the point of being literate.

5. I'm actually quite good at writing so in college I was asked to tutor English. I was helping one girl who literally turned in a college level research paper that was written as if she were texting. I'm talking about using "u", "r", "2", "ur" etc. I couldn't believe someone would have the gall to turn that shit in to me! I was embarrassed for her. There was so much red ink I put on that excuse for a paper it looked like a blood bath.

6. Your point is well made and quite pertinent. I too am baffled by native English speakers muddling the simplest tenets of grammatical syntax.

But when dealing with drugged people trying to communicate their tripped out thoughts to each other through the thoroughly inadequate medium of text, a few allowances have to be made :D
    For instance, Grandsouls has not done any of the things you said in his subsequent posts, and he was, by his own admittance, of sufficiently altered consciousness to slip up grammatically when he created the thread.

I'm sure you are entirely capable of perfect grammar even on a gram of LSD. Or perhaps you are completely unable to bend the syntax no matter what. Whatever the case may be, not everybody has the same level of linguistic acumen. I am one of those people who can readily learn new languages, but also forget them with frightening speed if I don't use them. I have a friend who is thoroughly literate in thirteen different languages and can converse in a few more. And then there's my Mum, who is still unable to speak Bengali - the local vernacular - despite having lived here for twenty-odd years. And that's not for lack of trying.
    We're all differently wired. Some maintain perfect grammar even after fifty bowls, others revert to caveman-ese after five.
    It's just what it is, man :D

7. If ever a derailed thread there was

8. Nice to now were in the good company of so many GC professors.

9. Yes know we can be smart

or at the very least, be gooder at it

11. #91 Kamehameha, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    OP, please tell me what is wrong with people attempting to create the "smartest", "strongest", and "richest" versions of themselves? They are trying to create the greatest versions of themselves, and although being condescending towards others is an asshole move, not everyone looking to create the greatest version of themselves exhibits this trait.

I stride every day to keep up the progress in creating the greatest version of myself and creating the best possible scenario for my life the way I'd like to see it. And I certainly DO NOT encourage or attempt to have an inflated ego or act in a condescending manner towards others. Understand?

Everyone should be encouraged to create the greatest versions of themselves, and having a conscious mind is one of those traits to creating that version.

12. We are all subject to the finite bounds of the brain and the body, its feelings
    We are all being limited by the brain and the peripherals.  It's a very complicated science and it is real.  Let's redefine science real quick:  It's everything that ever existed including paranormal.  Science just means: "to know".

There is a mechanism within us working right now, The knowledge of good and evil.  It is what is shielding us from universal love.
    We knew this would happen before entering physical existance.  Choosing to forget what we knew and what we were For a short period.

Yes the choice for incarnation and reincarnation was just that, a choice.  You do not have any knowledge of it because in doing so you have chosen to forget.  Why did we do this? .. why did you?  We come here to experience the doubt, the fear, the pain, and the Conditional Love.  We come here to experience Limitations and Ignorance.  We have chosen to become what we are not.  SO that we may have a better understanding THROUGH EXPERIENCE of what we really are.  Be excited.  For this is only temporary.  When the soul leaves the body we can only take with us the experience and the things we learned about ourselves and how we chose to handle things in these adverse conditions. 

And ya the people in society who choose to become ego filled and choose to make harsh decisions out of anger and hurt others MAY be resentful and feel unworthy in review of their choices and experiences once given the external view offered in death.  They MAY choose to return feeling unworthy of the gift they we are all entitled to in universal creation.  They may return to the earth for more incarnations as many of us have done many times.  Reincarnation is a belief that is hard to ignore when even children are often able to cite that they have once lived. 

As for the people who are victims of abuse and fear.  The test chosen and placed upon them is a great one.  The test is this:  In all the fear, namecalling, abuse, physical and mental.  Will you still fight to be yourself and love yourself no matter what?  Tearing oneself apart from fear and not loving yourself is the test.  (research david serada meets jesus, i try to keep biblical figures out but just remember the religious books of today are so skewed and mistaken from the one and only real past of some of our earth's most influential people)

13. The government doesn't need to make anyone's minds weak. 

They just take advantage of those who already have weak minds, or who are otherwise pacified, apathetic, or just politically unaware. 

The political advertisements going on right now are just mindbogglingly stupid. It reminds me precisely of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg

14. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3nXvScRazg

15. I been trying to tell people for a while now about this.

The cold war never ended. Communists still seek control and their influence is spreading.

It was funny hearing him talk about how the KGB actually caused cognitive dissonance. Americans have literally been brainwashed.

But I'm just a loony paranoid fool when I talk about commies infiltrating the American government

16. What does the government have to do with your parents calling you fat?

17. *our.

And yes, they are.

By reducing the requirements of standardized tests, and even recently, i was told that incorrect answers are not to be marked "wrong," but... oh nevermind. Those who know don't need to be told, and the rest will never get it.

18. #99 Vicious, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014

This has to do a lot more with the CIA and the KGB using the same tools. Its not total control but a push to change morals, norms, etc. Take a look at Critical Theory. All the "progressive" shit we see today takes root in a conscious push to dismantle our culture and standing.

The Cold War was an interesting time. MK Ultra, the CIA using "Modern" Art to combat Russia's hyper realism on the international stage. Weird shit.

I believe the cold war did end but we're back into it. People fail to realize this because there is no arms race and people aren't drilled to fear The Bomb but we're definitive back in one. People underestimate Putin. He was head of the KGB, Idolizes Stalin and wants to return Russia to it's empirical glory. He rewrote Russian law so that he may never leave power.

19. #100 SlightlyStonedSD, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    *our

Oh no! They already got OP!

edit: Should of known this has been pointed out multiple times, I'll be on my way then.