Anyone Do Lizards?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by moabfighter, Apr 14, 2014.

1. #1 moabfighter, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    I bought a new Albino Leopard Gecko at Petsmart yesterday for 15 bucks (they were half off)

I also have a Steppe Runner, and one green Anole and one brown Anole. They're all cool. The steppe runner is tame and the Leopard Geckos get tame quick. Little guy looks so cool and is really chill. Nocturnal. Sleeps all day like my lazy ass.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Oswald.

[​IMG]

2. I have a crested gecko, I'm getting a corn snake also. Don't got any pics though.

www.toke2k.tumblr.com

'Grown in the Earth. Nourished by the Water. Powered by the Wind. Burned by the Fire.' - Elements

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397522069.969448.jpg

i found this by my back door, i wanted to keep it but i wasn't about to go near it to catch it. so i just stared at it high from over the back of my couch for like 10 minutes before it left

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I had a bearded dragon for 4 years. He was a cool mofo :cool: I love animals. Reptiles be cool and shit.

5. I almost caught an iguana but it whipped me, love so cal animal life.

6. One of my friends is an RA at my university who has a 3 foot long Iguana in her room.

We're not allowed to have pets in campus, but she's the RA, so she doesn't have to worry about being caught by the RA. Not a lot of people know about the lizard, and nobody who cares knows. (she smokes too, even fewer people know about that)

7. Had water dragons for a few years, very cool and super friendly.

8. #8 smokehound, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    That's an alligator lizard :D  Nice to see a fellow socal resident.   :D

(elgaria multicarinata webbi- san diego alligator lizard)    They get quite large, 20 inches being possible if they have their original tail.

Plus you're kinda wise not to touch it.  these have a pretty strong bite and sharp teeth.  they can deliver a bloody nip.

EDIT: they have several color morphs.  Some are yellow, others are green, some are tan and red, some are super high contrast like this huge female from my backyard:

[​IMG]

Most of the lizards on my property do not fear me, as i dont make attempts to capture them, nor do i feed them.  Actually, they seem extremely interested in me when im looking for spiders and other critters.  I guess they're hoping i'll flush something out for them.  

9. Awe so cute.  I have never had a lizard but would love to get one.

10. that gecko has more muscle mass than you do

11. Not going for mass. Going for complexion. Which is going good.

Thanks anyway though.

12. I have a green anole named Yoda Lopper.  I plan on getting another one soon

13. I have a 15 year old male iguana and 2 red footed tortoises. Don't have photos on my phone but can get some I people are interested 😃

14. I see the same mofos on my patio. See them all the time. One time a baby lizard got into the house. These things are everywhere in So Cal. They are actually cool since they eat all the nasty bugs and slugs that get into my patio garden.

[​IMG]

15. Oswald is getting a little bigger. He makes very funny chirps when I mess with him.

16. Try not to stress him out. Chirps are a distress reaction.  leos dont take stress well, they can develop illness by being roughly handled or teased.  

But then again, some geckos do seem to enjoy a little light play.  Lots of lizards actually do.  Monitors and tegus have been seen responding to play behavior.

17. #17 40ozfreedoms, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    Lizard King.JPG

This is my baby water dragon. He/she (1 year+ to tell sex) is very friendly & super healthy! This is my first reptile & people said it was the "hardest" to care for. It is quite tedious to buy all the equipment needed, and expensive to mention, but has been a super positive experience. Had a vet checkup that announced he was in good hands & doing well. Ive had him for about a week now. 

Have done tons of research, so if anyone is thinking about getting a water dragon, or any lizard, just message me! Ill point you to some good knowledgeable sources :)

Nice man it would be a trip to have a water dragon..

I do green anoles myself about to get my second one in about a month

19. #19 40ozfreedoms, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014

Nice man it would be a trip to have a water dragon..

I do green anoles myself about to get my second one in about a month

For a forum on reptiles check out http://repticzone.com They have good care guides & an active community. Post some pics!

20. Got a beardie today named Hansel. Pics later, hes really neat!