Dont Ban Edibles In Colorado

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Jagger392, Apr 14, 2014.

1. #1 Jagger392, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    Hey guys, so the Colorado legislative has decided to limit edibles to one shape, size, color, texture, and smell. This is to ensure everyone knows what exactly it is they are getting. They are claiming that if it mimics food, children and teenagers will assume its food. I'm pretty sure this is just a NIMBY philosophy. This is complete hogwash, vodka looks like water but they don't want to limit the selling of liquor. We have started a petition to show them that they have the wrong idea with this. We are backed by studies through the National Confectioners Association of America showing that edibles set to mimic candy are mainly the demographic of adults 40-60. Attached is an image of a sealed edible product in the medical market that states to keep out of reach of children and its factory sealed andchild resistant. Recreational products are packaged in pill bottles. Please sign our petition to show your support for the edible marketplace, as its one of Colorado's main revenue products at the moment. http://www.change.org/petitions/colorado-legislators-don-t-ban-marijuana-edibles-in-colorado?utm_campaign=petition_created&utm_medium=email&utm_source=guides

2. i see no picture

3. #3 Jagger392, Apr 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

It clearly states its compliant with the regulation and in large, colorful, bold letters states to keep away from children.

4. Sorry about that.

5. How do you limit yourself to only one?

6. Of course they shouldn't be banned.  There should however be serious pentalties in place for anyone who leaves them where children can get at them.  The same holds for prescriptions and alcohol. 

7. You don't need to post the same thread multiple times.

8. Quite honestly there is no reason to sell cannabis candy.  Just sell the cannabis.  If people want candy they can make it.  I feel the same about those gummy vitamins they sell. There is no reason for medicine to be made in a form that is attractive to children.

9. Ban cans of beer! They aren't childproof and look similar to cans of soda. :rolleyes:

where...I don't see it...those look just like candies for kids...oh wait, let me stop looking at things from the perspective 'they' have..<removes head from a dark hole in a box> (a simulation device, for those not as flexible and limber as the politicians but want to experience life as they do).

OH there it is, big clear letters...wow!

silly boy...you can never eat just one... :smoking:

12. Cannabis candy is made readily available on the medical marketplace for those who can not receive their medication from inhalation.  Certain stages of cancer, asthmatics, etc.  It's also there for the children who have their red cards to have an easier way to receive their dose.  This is not only used in thc, but in cbd.  For those of you who don't know what cbd I'll explain it in a simple manner.  It's another active cannabinoid.  It has no psychotropic effects, and there are certain companies that have found a way to concentrate their extracted substance as high as 96% cbd and 4% thc.  The deliver of cbd in the form of candy is an easier alternative to smoking for children that need it.  It also helps those who are terminally ill.  Just because its a candy doesn't mean its for recreational use.  Not everyone can smoke.  Those bags are the medical side of the industry.   Our recreational side, available to the people without their red cards, is bottled in pill bottles that are harder to open than Tylenol containers. 

13. Yeah, cause kids just hate gummy candy, and lord knows they won't eat an entire bag of these and get severely sick.
    All part of the plan to make cannabis a huge failure in the legal realm, create shocking corrupt media headlines, and knock out the knees of the largest current revenue source of the present cannabis industry.

Remember Joe Camel and the outrage? Yeah, parents should be pissed at this. Same way they should be pissed at Tide "pods" and other laundry detergents that they make to look like candy and the kids eat it and get super ill or die.

Oh yeah, they're all concerned about our "safety."

14. Now, why does the liability fall upon the companies that produce these according to strict standards passed by the mmed and not upon the parents?  This is just another case of nimbyism.  Parents don't know how to teach their children not to touch their personal goods, and they don't know how to put it away.  Thats why there is a bill being passed to make it a felony to leave cannabis goods out for minors to find.  

15. #15 skinny ninja, Apr 14, 2014
    I'm not a child but I still enjoy candy edibles and vodka gummy worms. 

The tobacco industry gave a bad name to infusing candy with adult products. Back in the day stores sold candy "cigarettes" which was basically gum/chew candy that looked like cigarettes and even came in a pack like the real deal. The idea was that kids would remember the color of the packs and then, when they were old enough to smoke, they would buy the brand that had the similar pack color/design as the candy. When this hit the media parents were outraged, and ever since then anything that mixes candy and alcohol/drugs immediately gets slammed with "being made to market towards children." Parents are too concerned with protecting children from "what might hurt them" that they don't even realize they never personally taught them shit about shit.

16. I loved candy cigarettes. They never ever made me want to smoke. Any parent that claimed that BS was retarded and didn't know how to parent for shit. Just tell your kids the dangers of smoking instead of trying to ban everything. Another thing that is wrong with society, mothers that need to ban everything because we need to "think of the children"

17. They want to limit the sale because we "need to think of the children". Yeah, right of course. This is just another BS attempt to thwart MJ legalization and to limit its success as an industry. This industry has great potential, and that's an understatement. The federal gov knows this and is trying to "limit" and "regulate" it in every way possible to fuck it up. Floating_by knows what he's talking about

18. #18 SoulessStoner, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    I don't think the sale of edibles should be banned, but people really should be making their own any ways. Only way to know exactly for sure what goes in and what comes out. Besides, Google will show you stories on the lack of consistent potency in some of the mass-produced edibles. 

I can actually see edibles being a big problem,[but not enough to warrant banning them], since those that have never gotten high and don't want to smoke will use them and freak the fuck out. Edibles are not for first timers. Period. 

19. #19 Jmosley, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    Kids young enough to swipe a candy when no one is looking are generally too young to read. I dunno, how hard it'd be to make them slightly less appealing to kids. Sure it infringes on your right to do things simply because you want to and feel entitled to but seems like an easy fix. Ugly colors, same everything else... no? Compromise, tis a crazy concept.

"Vodka looks like water but they don't ban it" uhhhh yeah but nearly every child who accidentally gets a mouthful of vodka will spit it out/want to vomit. I don't know many toddlers taking shots

20. I will cook weed into any shape size color or smell I want to. I've been doing it in Texas even though pot is still illegal. Stupid politicians stupid stupid stupid. You can't ban food and expect people will respect you.