Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dog Seizures

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Reed422, Apr 13, 2014.

1. My dog had an accident where he ran head first at full speed into a park bench about four years ago.  The vet said that I should expect for him to have seizures.  Well 4 or so years past by and not a one seizure until last night :(  Poor guy.  My Mom has his brother and that dog also has seizures.  Could a cbd tincture help him out?  He also has really bad anxiety, probably got that from me.  Maybe it could kill off both of those things.  If it's harmless I'd rather preventative measures instead of waiting for it to get worse.  I wouldn't bother asking the vet these questions, not a big fan of them in general.

My heart goes out to those parents whose kids have seizures.  I can't imagine what that must be like. 

2. yeah, maybe a high cbd or non activated thc - thc-a in raw plant form. the phsyco active properties in thc delta 9 could cause confusion in the animal

3. Well, I THINK this just barely sneaks past the "Not talking about getting kids or animals high" rule, since you are not talking about THC, but rather CBD which has no high.

And yes, it would likely help. I would just get some of his favorite dog biscuits and drop the tincture on them, let it dry (the alcohol will evaporate, but the CBD will stay) and feed him a goodie or two a day!

Granny

4. Yeah, I wouldn't get him high.  Will research cbd and dogs a bit more.

5. I've seen cannabis infused dog shampoos, so it would definitely help out your pooch aswell...

6. You've got to be kidding!  :hello:

7. Not at all, I got it for my parents 13 year old dog and he seems to be a lot better after Gettin a good bath with the stuff...

8. My friend's dog has anxiety and seizures (the two go hand in hand) and he's been getting them more and more and she's going to be looking into this.

9. Animals are no strangers like humans to drugs. Look at the reindeer and shrooms. Just experiment and never do anything without a little research first.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Reindeer and shrooms??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. No fucking way I'm giving my dog shrooms, you're out of your mind.

12. Lmfao nobody said anything about giving dogs shrooms

13. Of course THC confuses your dog, it confuses me too! It won't hurt them at a low dose, just remember their metabolism is much faster than humans.

14. I'm also not giving my dog thc.  CBD is what I want to give him.

15. Let us know how it effects him

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app