Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Calling all the oldtimers....

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by happyscrappy, Apr 13, 2014.

1. #41 Al Swearengen, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014

have to agree, i still use a bowl made out of the same thing i made my first, 1/8 brass pipe, staggering cost of 3 dollars.

I've been to forum's with an over 40 section and it works pretty nice, perhaps that's more in tune with what you're looking for OP? i think it would be a decent idea.

Come on! I was out grocery shopping, and hit a yard sale on the way home! I DO have a life off the computer!   :laughing:

I mix well with people, so no, I don't feel out of place lighting up with folks half my age (3 months shy of 67), or even a third of it!  Much younger than that, we get into breaking the GC rules, and I ain't going there! But I can say that I also feel perfectly comfortable sitting in a sand pile playing cars with kindergarteners, or showing giggly 5th grade girls how to draw a horse.

I guess the difference is that I really enjoy teaching the young! Whether it is showing how to use a multiplication table, or explaining "water curing", or why all of you should be taking your Omega 3,  it's cool to "see the light go on"!  :yay: 

Actually, I find the younger blades here are quite happy to "listen and learn" from us older "heads"!  Every time I post something about "the way things were", I get a mess of "likes".  And although they do ask the same questions, over and over, none of us were born knowing all the cannabis lore!  Was someone kind enough to help you? Pass it on.  Or did someone belittle you for your lack of knowledge? :hide:   Don't be that dude!

I feel we NEED the mix of young and old cannabis users. The "old hippies" have experience. The kids have tech knowledge and energy. We balance each other and are stronger for it! :hello:

Many years ago, Mad Magazine(?) had a cartoon in it showing a young hippie couple raising their kids, who grow up to be urban professional types, who then raise their kids, who turn out to be the new version of the hippies! The last panel was the grandkids and grandparents happily greeting each other (peace symbols, bell-bottoms and all), while the straight middle generation looked on, totally disgusted! :laughing:   A social "alternation of generations"!  And isn't that kind of what we have here? The young kids and the old fogies both lighting up our favorite herb- and the generation in the middle saying "NO!"?

It doesn't matter whether you are a senior in high school, or a senior citizen, we need to cooperate and get cannabis legalized! Just treat each other with respect and it works!

Granny

3. yes there are some kids that think they know all about life.... but coming from a 23 year old, ive never claimed to know all about life.. but i do claim to know about my ganja, and ganja is my life :-S so going to have to say i know about life too i guess..

4. #44 BloodBooger, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    At 23 I knew a lot about weed too. At that age I had been tokin for a decade , starting in the summer of the Monterey Jazz Festival, the next summer was the summer of love, 1968, a truly magical time...so, yes, at 23 you CAN know a lot about weed,,, but trust me and listen up..at 23 you don't know JACK SHIT about "life". Believe me..we all THINK we know about life at that age but I can guarentee you that even at 30 you are still a dumbass.....and thats no insult...THAT is life.

5. But I see what ya did there,,, lol...weed IS my life, so I guess I know about life, ...true...so true...lol

6. ahhh my fliend!!! lol.. you c me i c. ehhhhhh my fliend.. :ph34r:

7. An over 40, or hell even over 30 would be better but wouldnt work at gc. The mods cant keep up now and it would just end up with a bunch of kids posting like they do in seasoned tokers. I can see it now, " Im 43, how can I hide weed from my mom".

i'm thinking just a communal thread like this one would work just fine as i have no desire to separate from any age category since i enjoy everyone's experiences equally, yet it's also nice to have some kind of gathering point for all the fellow old heads whom wander these halls. :hippie:

9. I got a feeling 'smart phones' will be the death of magazines, b4 long.

10. There's a Persian cat community -->http://www.persian-cats.com/

11. Old timer-ish checking in. I remember skating down to the hardware store and fashioning a pipe out of plumbing connections and buying a replacement faucet screen, wish it still had that pipe. Ahh to be young dumb and red eyed in Americas heartland, nothing to do but skate, smoke joints in old barns or on railroad bridges, stoned wandering through late season corn rows where the crackling stalks sang the song of the breeze. Gravel roads and memories.

12. How true!
    However I have found that if a thread doesn't belong in "The Seasoned Tokers" section,there is this neat little box, REPORT, in the lower left hand corner. I've used it and the Mod's do pay attention to us and will move or delete them. I'm don't mean just the ones made by the younger people, I'm 69 everyone's younger, but threads that should be in another section, bongs, vapes, growing, vids/music, all have sections for them,

Thanks to the OP, not only for bring up the problem but for posting one of the very few threads thar actully belong in the "Seasoned Tokers" section.

13. That sounds good and all, and i do report threads that break rules. However, a quick scan on just the first two pages and there are 28 topics that havent been moved and 26 that have been moved. When 50% of the threads do not belong reporting every one of them seems superfluous.

14. Yet it seems to be the only way to keep the section on track.

15. I'm 51.  If I feel out of place it has more to do with not smoking for many years.  Man, things have changed!  I probably would enjoy hanging out with people closer to my age, smoking a bit and shooting the bull.

But in general, I get along okay with today's younger folk.  If I catch myself feeling too critical I just remember myself back at that age and it shuts me up (most of the time.)

The kids are all right.

16. Reported threads stand at 0 currently.

We can definitely keep up with the reports, some are tricky but this (not including my newbie self) is one of the best mod teams I've ever seen.

Please do your part and let us know what is happening, we definitely can't read every post, despite appreciating your words. Hit that report button when needed. :smoke:

17. The mobile site does not allow me to report post. If i want to do so i have to load the full site, report the post, then switch back to the mobile site for it to display properly. Its a bit of a pain to report things from my perspective.
    When 50% of the post don't belong in a section it is a bit impractical to report everything and really shouldn't rely on users to police the forum. I understand not being able to get to everything, but if i wanted to moderate a forum i would start my own.

Not to mention even when they do get moved you still have to sort through all of the moved titles to find actual content. Another pita, that imo is a bad design idea.

Don't get me wrong, In not complaining about the moderators. I just think it would be nice to have a place with more mature conversation. Inevitably limited forums such as an age restricted forum does not work because people lie. Just like all the under 18 people that post here. There is no way to really stop them unless they admit they are underage. Seasoned tokers right now is exactly what you end up with, a hacked up sub forum where most of the stuff doesn't belong, or has been moved.