Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Calling all the oldtimers....

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by happyscrappy, Apr 13, 2014.

1. A man after my own heart. Couldn't agree more.

2. SKIPS!...is that you? Hehehe..

3. Last evening I saw a guy, looked to be about 70+ years old, smoking a joint by himself on a quiet street near where I live.  If I had not been in a hurry, I would have stopped to talk to him. I'm not that old, yet, but I'm getting up there.  

4. Old toast is good toast.

5. im 55 my pot smokin friends are 66,54,67,and thats about it i hide my marijana habit from everyone and all my friends hide it from each other, we are in illinois and finally we will all qualify (thats how physically messed up we are) yet because of illinois new strict standards you gotta be on your last leg to qualify...we will still be secretive we just became so used to being criminals while we smoked we are still scared and stigmatized

6. I'm only twenty but theirs nothing I love more when stoned than listening to my grandparents tell me stories about the navy ,the seventies (if you remember the seventies you weren't their is what my grandfather would always say) ,and growing up in general.

7. Forum here has plenty of old timers here that have a vast knowledge that you can probably easily relate, but do also realize that this is a public forum, your going to get your people that lie about their age and post stories that put pot in a light as if its the rarest substance to find on earth, if you ignore those youl find its is a pretty sweet place. (also im not an old timer but still feel misplaced in the "marijuana" community so i can kind of relate)

8. #28 tranceholic, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  9. Gonna be 50 started smoking at 12. Does that make me an old timer? These young timers could gain a lot of knowledge from us old timers.
    I consider myself now as more of a marijuana connoisseur now...I collect it like some would collect fine wine or a good cigar. The days of smoking 5-7 fatties a day to my head are long gone...to these young timers I'd be considered a light weight but who appreciates the bud a lot more now than say 20 years ago. I know some younger smokers and I see so much bud being wasted just as I did when I was that age.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

OP here-

Please same old, same old. The 20th article on dabs, the "joys" of expensive glass, and the ranking of the strongest weed which is the same list as last year. Oh and my favorite, the tutorials of how to grow weed lifted directly from Jorge's book. Nope.

Sigh...I think I need the NPR of weed. 

11. Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

12. i am 23, yet old school.... the youngsters know what good marijuana is not to mention the changes in concentrates since you were all young... also we seem to have more of a realistic attitude when it comes to pot, thinking about it actually all the presidents ive lived thru, from clinton to obama have admitted to using pot, also obama's statement of its safer than alchohol really fucked shit up..

13. Stoner Haven is a great forum. Mostly old timers over there. Very, very chill compared to the rest of the forums. No attitude over there from know it all kids. GC is my home though. The kids are good for drama. They are all tough and know everything there is to know about life.

14. It is funny to read the "how to keep it from my parents"..esp. when you are one of those parents...need to know how to keep the teens from finding out...in my 40s, have Asperger kid 14 and know it all boy 12..wife, mom etc you know the titles moms...

15. Another youngster checking in. 56 with toking buddies from 70 - 24. Mostly near the 50's.

Suprised Granny hasn't said hello yet. :smoke:

16. Im in my 40s and remember being 18 these kids have it easy. I remember going to the hardware store to make a bowl. They just order this shit online now.

Or we used a drill press and sander to make a pipe from scratch.

18. i'm taking the Fifth

;)

19. #39 skunky643, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Or a soda can.   You could go to a head shop but hell that shit was expensive.

20. Yeah, I hear ya!
    When I was 15 I knew everything.
    As I got older, I got dumber and dumber.â™