Central Cali Newbie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by beaker350, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Yeah, I was going to cut down the entire plant. I assumed that'd it'd give me a more consistent dry. My lady makes homemade jams so I have a shitton of Mason jars. Lol. Thanks for the advise

That diagram looks interesting. Is there a thread on this? What's that method/practice called?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Its called lsting. (low stress training) and its a simple process.

Heres a pic of my first lst many years ago and heres a link to my current grow if youre curious.
    [​IMG]

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1280361-underground-jungle.html/page-4

Two of my clones were lsted and are massive.

3. That is so fucking cool. I'm gonna give LSTing a go this season.

4. #24 rain dancer, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Lsting is interesting.

The process uses gravity to trick the plant. The grower bends the plant down. This is usually achieved at a young stange, so that the stem is pliable. To achieve the bend without breaking the stem we squeeze the stem between our fingers, until it becomes pliable. I go an extra step and bend it on both sides, even if the stem cracks, which is not beneficial and could lead to serious infections or disease. However, a decade of growing has allowed me to gain an exerience to know the proper time and place to squeeze. However the picture is pretty accurate.

Videos on "pinching" can be found on youtube. Some people top their plants, which results in more colas. The downside is that the plant suffers shock, as the damage site is healed and hormones are rerouted to a new head.

The same is achieved with lsting. However, instead of topping or cutting a head off, we are using gravity. When the plant is bent downard (pressed beyond the pot, as you'll notice in the pic) it believes it has been cut off. Hormones reroute to the closest future flower sites or would be "colas" but since the plant wasnt damaged there is no stunt to the plant and the bent part continues to grow unabated.

As you see in the final stage of the diagram above, a uniformity is achieved and all sites get an ample and near equal amount of light, which results in very large buds.

The plant is nearly unrecognizable as a marijuana plant and looks less like a tree and more like a bush. Also seems to make more effective use of the light.

:D

5. I prefer this method over topping. I'd love to top, but the risk of having an open wound is too much for me. Plus, LST plants look awesome. Lol.

This is the same type of method/reasoning of Trellis systems found in grape growing. I endorse this method. Hahaha

6. Some pics from this afternoon.

Attached Files:

7. Getting ready for work this morning and I noticed that 2 of my new seeds are spouting! woop woop! I planted them on Saturday morning. It was a pretty warm weekend so they germed and sprouted really fucking fast. I'll post pics this afternoon.

Hello 2014 Growing Season!

Again, I'll be strictly growing from pots in my back yard in sunny CA. 5 gallons max.

My dad is retired. He worked 35 years in the agriculture industry. He's bringing his talents to MMJ Cultivation. He's a very competitive person, and I think he "secretly" wants to outperform me. I'm expecting him to dig out 6 foot holes, haha! I wouldn't doubt he kicks my ass. I'll be posting progress pics of his grow too. 8)

8. Okay, this picture seals the deal for me! I haven't tried LST-ing but I am on the next round! Is it really as easy as y'all make it sound? I do it with 'vining' house plants, so it should work fine for me I hope! 

9. 2 of my new babies.

Attached Files: