Would you let kids play on your tree in your yard

Discussion in 'General' started by Bamboobam, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Basically, there is this guy that lives down the street and there's a huge tree in his yard and he has no fence. Recently (probably 4-5 months now), kids are playing on his tree and he has never came out and said something. They literally just show up and started doing that. Idk I just think it's weird because I know a lot of people would not like that.

2. Fuck no I wouldn't.

I'm not getting caught in some quasi bullshit legal battle cause some kids brat fell off my tree and broke his arm

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn

3. I would have no problem if the parents signed a legal document stating that they could not sue if the kids hurt themselves on it.

4. 100% sure that did not happen haha.

5. Ya I'd be that guy.

You wanna play in my yard? Im not liable for landmine explosions

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn

6. same, or if i knew the parents well enough to take their word. sad you need assurance these days

7. Ditto.

Fuck trees and fuck kids.

8. Crazy. If the kid/s leave me the fuck alone while I'm in my garage or driveway then I've never shoo'd any away. Teens and clucks have learned to maintain a 5' gap between them and my yard while walking down the road though. I suspect that if random kids gather in my yard, I don't know their names or their parents names, that the parents don't give a shit.

Sure I have kids here but we don't ooze a warm welcoming aura what so ever. Most of us fit the Sketchy character profile, lots of foul language and of course the constant odor of weed /shrug. I wouldn't let my kid hang out at my house if I lived on the block and uhh... wasn't me.

9. #9 Jingo Dookstain, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Depends on how well I know the kids and their parents. If it was a small friendly neighborhood and everyone was good with each other, then sure.

If these are just some annoying brats that have no sense of privacy, I'd shoo them off my yard and put up a fence if it happened again.

Edit: I spent the later part of my teens in a neighborhood with kids like that... I lived in the biggest house on the block, and the fuckers would always come onto our yard and touch our cars and shit.

I was the only guy in the house so I'd have to come out with a baseball bat (not that I'd actually do anything with it)

10. hell no
    not for what you can sue people for now days.

11. Yea fuck that too many sue happy assholes these days

12. Get the hell off my lawn!

13. Exactly

14. first time i got high was in my neighbors treehouse

15. yes

sent from under mi sensi tree

16. If no retard parents will sue me, sure why not, I grew up when kids were still allowed to climb trees, and be kids.

17. If I saw a kid playing on my tree i'd break his fuckin arm in half 

18. #18 herbal essence, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    If I had a big tree that was fun to climb on, I would have had no problem with the neighborhood kids playing on it, fifty years ago. In today's world, there are too many people obsessed with suing. I would never let a bunch of random kids come play on my tree because as soon as poor little Jimmy falls off and breaks his arm, a lawsuit is at your door from his parents. Obviously not in any way your fault, but a lot of people will say it is just for your hard earned money.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. At first I thought you were asking about letting your own kids play on your personal tree.i though "the fuck is wrong with you?"

20. One morning I would come out and cut the tree down