IRS confiscating tax refunds from people based on parents debt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilro, Apr 12, 2014.

1. if you didnt care you would have no reason to post and make comments onit then. So therefore you most likely do care ;)

Why would you not sue? This doesnt even begin to be legal, you cant legally make them responsible for your own mistake. Besides the fact they already taxed that income. So illegal, great job IRS, I believe they call this malpractice in terms of accounting.

I wasnt even talking to you....

OH SHIT I CARE.........

4. Stupid is as stupid does.... hahahaha sorry jut watched the movie on AMC yesterday, first time in years. Couldnt help using the reference to stupid.

5. you like TommyJ I see. Surprised you dont know this quote of his which clearly speaks on what he thinks about people being forcedto pay money to aninstitution that no longer upholds the rights of the people it consists of.
    "To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

6. Fun to see people defend taxation. Sticking around for the show.

7. #28 KushyKonundrum, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    I don't get where all these no-taxation anarchists are coming from...did they stop teaching basic logic in grade school?

Come to think of it, it probably just wasn't in the budget. After all, they have to afford all those new iPads they're handing out somehow.

EDIT: But yah, good job once again IRS. I guess they are taking the stance that it's ok because these people's parents should have known they were being overpaid? Nuh uh, no...that only works with blatant mistakes, like if a bank accidently drops money into the wrong account. When it's something like that then they have legal and judicial recourse. But our tax system is highly inefficient and profoundly confusing...it's THEIR jobs to make sure they get it right. Shit just take it out of their paychecks when they screw up; I bet that'll perk em right up.

We shouldn't even need the IRS...we should just work to streamline the process and leave the relics in the past, where they belong. But, as is the case with most outdated government organizations, they bite and scratch and claw to keep themselves 'necessary'. Fuck em all, let em all go the way of the Dodo.

8. #29 *ColtClassic*, Apr 15, 2014

Guide me through the logic - I need help teacher.

9. #30 KushyKonundrum, Apr 15, 2014

Already with the sarcasm? That didn't take long...Anarchists seem to wield that like a ninja wields nun-chucks - with both hands. Because smarminess always scores you some cheap points, right?

10. Because no government has worked so well in the past right?

11. Dude.... there are sooooooo many reasons for americans to riot.

But the system has succeeded in making people comfortable and blissfuly ignorrant.

Everyone seems to agree shit is fucked up. But they get food and water and tv and booz... so who cares right?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. This seems like a good place for this.

http://youtu.be/7QDv4sYwjO0

13. I always chuckle everytime I see someone try to compare Somalia to some libertarian paradise, as if a country ruled by colonialism and then an oppressive military regime is going to magically correct itself after a bloody coup :rolleyes:.

But then ironically when you look the developmental factors for Somalia, from 1990 (pre-collapse) to today, they have actually improved in 14 of the 18 categories. But is that I hear, someones pre-school level argument for "libertarianism" in Somalia is getting shot down? Its ok, this thread is already full of stupid.....

http://www.peterleeson.com/better_off_stateless.pdf

14. #36 KushyKonundrum, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014

Could just be they're looting better stuff off of ships now :p.

Case in point, correlation isn't causation. Sure Somalia isn't exactly among the 'movers and shakers' in the global economy, but inevitably some globalization is going to seep down into the mudpits, so to speak.

Okay, so I got the sarcasm out - now show me the basic logic. I'm serious this time.

You mean the basic logic of governance and taxation? You already know these bro...you were the one with the quip about watching the show unfold or somesuch, so make a claim.

See, that's usually how these kind of conversations start. Someone makes a claim, and another tries to prove it false. You dropped your trollbait in the river, and you got a bite. So work for it.

17. Yeeeeaah, this thread is really fucking stupid now.

Why is that your response to every thread I've seen you post in? You know your posts make it clear just whos bringing in the stupid...