Batman vs Superman anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Skywalker298, Apr 12, 2014.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6uJ65vqaQ

2. Right now Story is Unknown

3. Batman will probably win. They're basing a lot of the story most likely on the Dark Knight Returns as well as a couple of other sources based on the trailer. In TDKR superman gets his ass handed to him cause batman is one crafty motherfucker.

4. I haven't been this excited for a movie in a while.

Newest trailer:

Nice appearance from Wonder Woman.

IMDB has casting for the Flash and Aquaman (good old Khal Drogo). The kid playing the Flash seems iffy.

This has to be a prequel to the Justice League right? The pieces are there, just need Batman and Superman to patch things up at the end of this movie, which is sure to happen. They have Lex and Zod to worry about, as well as the other villains floating around the DC Universe.

Btw Eisenberg as Lex is the one gripe I have. He's pretty bad in the trailer.

5. Wow 2015 went by so fast..

6. #66 King Willie, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
    Batman will not win. Superman will not win either, they wouldn't dare do that. Know how much bitching and uproar it would cause if one of them definitively won over the other? There'll probably be one encounter where Batman seems to have the upper hand for whatever reason (prep, gadgets, stealth, whatever they're gonna use) and then another encounter where Supes has the upper hand. Seems the most likely. and most fair for fans of both characters.

7. SPOILERS, don't keep reading if you haven't seen the movie.

This movie never should have been called Batman V. Superman. They should have just called it Dawn of the Justice League. Having a 5 minute fight sequence between Batman and Superman does not justify that as the name of the movie. Other issues were way way too many dream sequences, they fucked up the Bruce Wayne Origin, his parents do not try throwing punches at the guy who shoots them, they are cooperative but ultimately killed anyway. Lex Luther Jr seemed like a moody preteen, and the little "cameos" if you could even call it that for Aquaman, the flash and Cyborg were completely unnecessary and seemed to just be thrown in there for shits and giggles.

Overall I was still entertained but it did not live up to what I was expecting, Ben Affleck as Batman was awesome, just not in the movie enough and Wonder Woman was awesome as well, but it left a lot to be desired. Here's to hoping they rock it with the Justice League.

8. Saw it yesterday, and I liked it. Ben Affleck surprised me.

9. everyone i know who saw it says it was terrible

10. Affleck was great, Wonder Woman was great. Just a lot of other issues in the movie. A good setup for the Justice League but a tough sell for a stand alone movie

11. Finally got around seeing Man of Steel.

12. I'm a HUGE diehard Superman fan. Absolutely loved Man of Steel and really, really liked BvS. I have a huge appreciation for the balls Zack Snyder has as a director in "deconstructing" the way we view the superhero (Batman V Superman was more like his movie 'Watchmen'). The DCExtended Universe is VERY different from Marvel's model. I burned out on Marvel a long time ago. I prefer the more gritty and grounded take on the mythology of our hero's and that's what Zack Snyder has created so far. Sure the critics ripped BvS apart, but there are some things Zack puts into his movies that are bound to be divisive. The movie was a beaut to look at and the casting is spot on. I was one of the VERY few people who loved the casting of Affleck when it was announced considering how I followed his recent work. The man has been brilliant in turning his career around and people never recognized that. His Batman is the best live action comic book Batman we've ever seen. Henry Cavill is a great Superman as well and Gal Gadot is fierce and exotically gorgeous. Love what they're doing all around. It's a good balance and alternative to what Marvel is doing. It would suck if everything was all the same.

• Like Like x 2