Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for CBD solutions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mjike, Apr 12, 2014.

1. #1 mjike, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Hey everyone! Like a lot of people I am interested in the medical benefits of marijuana, specifically for treatment of anxiety. After a year on prescription drugs (which for the most part didn't do shit), I decided to stop taking them as I felt they were doing more harm then good. I am aware of the benefits of CBD so I'm hoping to get a little more information on it..

This is where it gets tricky. Unfortunately I live in the shittiest MMJ state that is very strict on who is eligible, so I am forced to find alternatives. I am not really looking to simply get strains that are high in CBD as I'd rather use oils or other extracts. An amazon search found that there are CBD extract oils, gums, and other products available. My question is do these products, or any similar products actually work with medical benefits? The price seems pretty high for small amounts of CBD, so i was wondering if these products are even worth it in the first place? Are there any relatively affordable products on the market that will produce the desired benefits? I've heard that are also CBD oil vapes that are made, are these worth looking into, or are they too low in CBD to even produce any benefits?

Thanks in advance for the help. If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great (if anything to suit my needs even exists).

2. @[member="mjike"] i am going to be putting up a website this week it will be www.420gum.org my prices will be lower than most yes I will have gum 

3. I work at a dispensary in San Francisco and yes CBD is helpful for many people with anxiety. We sell many different edibles, tinctures, and strains high in CBD. Hope it gets legal soon! Peace,
    Eddie

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. BTW I'd really try to stick to buying tested medicine if possible. Then if you get CBD oil you'd know what percentage of THC to CBD you're getting. Some CBD concentrates are very high in CBD, 50%+.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Here's some insight:

There's 421+ differences between:

High CBD strain of cannabis, which still contains other cannabinoids, terpenoids, flavonoids etc

And

CBD oil concentrate from industrial hemp. First off it's typically the waste byproduct of Chinas fiber and seed industrial hemp industry. There are no other cannabinoids, terpenoids, etc which is where the real benefits come.

That's one of those reasons those kannaway scammers aren't technically supposed to make medical claims, according to their management/owners. They do it anyway indirectly, always referencing the new recent research on cannabidiol.

But that research is based of high CBD strains of cannabis. Industrial hemp is CBD rich on comparison to THC but it's relative. The overall cannabinoid content of hemp is very low compared to cannabis. Hemp vs cannabis is not CBD rich.

The effectiveness of cannabidiol alone is dismal compared to high CBD strain of cannabis, which still contains THC plus all the others. That's where the medicine is. If you take only 1/421 of the medicine, expect only 1/421 of the effectiveness.

Lastly, there's is reason why cannabidiol sourced from hemp is legal while that from cannabis is not. Medical effectiveness. It is dismal in comparison, thus legal across the states.

6. Great insight thank you.    Last night I orally ingested oil which was tested as:   34% cbd 17% thc and 11@ cbn (going from memory hope its correct).  This oil was mixed from various batches of Co2 Extracted oils.    I dosed approximately 40 mgs.    I have tons of skeletal pain issues.   Within 1.5 hrs of ingesting, I  felt incredible pain relief with a mental feeling of complete sedation and happyness.   Hope this helps anyone.

7. Interesting to hear that about the legal CBD oil.

8. Next time you medicate, you might try either eating or drinking something with some fat content, milk, cheese, etc.  It's my understanding that this will speed up the time it takes for the effects to kick in.  Be well.  (as a side note, most honorable dispensaries try to keep their prices low on the high CBD products, as we do also.  The more people we can help, the better for everyone.)

9. #9 Lebowski, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    Steer clear of the legal CBD products that are being sold online. As Hassel said, they're made from waste product from hemp, which is a liquid mix of hemp byproducts and industrial solvents. Really unclean to begin with.

On top of the low quality of the hemp CBD, CBD meds work best in conjunction with THC, and these legal CBD products have 0 THC. Plant extracts also have terpenes, flavinoids, and a number of secondary cannabinoids that all add to the medical effect and are very significant.

Those legal CBD people are just trying to profit over the current "craze" surrounding CBD. I personally look forward to them going out of business, since they're making claims that they cannot back up and are tricking people into buying an inferior, dirty product.