Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When you find out you might have cancer...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SamsonNite, Apr 12, 2014.

1. So today I went to get an ultrasound on my neck about these weird bumps.

Dr. Called back and said I have tons of lymph nodes.

I have a biopsy Monday to find out what it is

But asking the doctor on a personal level, she admitted its very unlikely it's anything but lymphoma...

I'm not really scared . I don't know what to think

I'm young happy and healthy

Has anyone gone thru lymphoma or known anyone?

2. My best friend was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma five years ago. He had lost a lot of weight and looked bad. He underwent chemotherapy and is fine today. All his scans continue to be clear.
    Best off luck. Let us know how the biopsy turns out.

3. I've gone through cancer situations before. If you are concerned, start taking RSO immediately. Do it as a precautionary even.

4. Fuck man I weighted 167 the beginning of.spring break (4/5/14) and today 4/13/14 I weight 151...

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 SamsonNite, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    I do live in Washington so its possible but at what point do you after you're diagnosed? Like, how long after will they want to do chemo? I've read it takes 3 weeks-couple months for a full dosage of rso to be effective. And a full dosage being around a POUND of weed. What if my rso doesn't work and now here I am 3 months later with even worse lymphoma because I waited too long.

6. And what were your friends symptoms I might ask?

7. If it was me... I would immediately start a course of RSO combined with associated protocol. Omega 3 diet, lots of limonene, etc i think i have one such thread bookmarked on my work computer.

You have to understand though... The laws are such that it would be illegal for anyone to tell you to do RSO or etc before chemo, to treat cancer. No alternative therapies can be prescribed before chemo, for cancer.

So it has to be a personal decision. Chemo/radiation greatly tax the body and immune system. So much in fact that if you peruse RSO cancer threads on the web, you'll see a trend- different protocol for those who did chemo first before RSO. The body is just damaged so much more.

I would do RSO first and potentially not even do chemo if the results showed improvement. This is based on the science of cannabinoids/terpenoids against cancer, research behind endocannabinoid system, etc. RSO causes apoptosis whereas chemo has a horribly poor efficacy, historically.

But that's a decision you must make for yourself. In America it's illegal for anyone to suggest ditching chemo and starting alternative protocols.

8. My friend just felt tired and run-down, cold/flu type symptoms, swollen lymphnodes and of course the weight loss. It was like he just couldn't get over a cold.
    You should know something Monday. If it is lymphoma, they will probably do some more tests and scans right away and want to start treatment within a week. Sometimes they recommend radiation therapy as well as chemotherapy. If it hasn't spread too much, radiation works pretty well. Lymphoma is pretty treatable as long as you get on it quickly.
    Regarding MMJ, most oncologist nowadays are open to a discussion and take it seriously. If you are considering MMJ, please talk to the oncologist about it being a part of your treatment. I believe at a minimum, it will reduce pain and nausea and increase appetite. I would NOT rely solely on RSO to cure cancer. A lot of people on this board believe RSO cures everything from toenail fungus to cancer and they may try to convience you to skip chemotherapy and just use RSO but it's not their life that's in the balance.
    One protocol (radiation and R-CHOP chemotherapy) has a well-documented, properly controled, five year survival rate of 90% and is administered by licensed doctors, nurses and technicians and the drugs are manufactured to the highest standards (USP and GMP). Compare this to relying solely on a concoction produced from Youtube videos with no accepted manufacture stadards and only anecdotal "evidence" at best with no properly controled trials and no reliable survival rates. There is no way I would trust my life to RSO and forego the treatment with a 90% survival rate.
    I know people are going to bash my opinion and that's fine but it's not their life they're entrusting to "medicine" made in five gallon buckets with lighter fluid. Read through the "Edibles" Forum and see how many posts say something like edibles didn't work, wasted 5g of dank. The replies are usually you didn't do it right. I don't want anybody lying on their death bed two years from now because somebody didn't do it right when there are proven alternatives available.
    If I were diagnosed with cancer, I would find the best oncologist I could and follow their advice and my treatment would include chemo and/or radiation and MMJ concentrates but not solely MMJ. Hopefully in the near future there will be properly controlled Phase 1 studies done on MMJ and I realy hope the results are overwhelmingly positive. But that's not the case right now.

I'm not going to "bash" you - I respect that opinions vary.

Having personally survived cancer, having dealt with oncologists and radiation, surgery etc - "conventional" therapy would not be my first-line treatment of cancer.

Also, you must understand the differences between the dual-use of cannabis with cancer. Sure, it can be used to treat the pains and nausea associated with cancer. Or it can be used to destroy it, restore balance to the body through the endo-C system, etc.

I witnessed first hand the "efficacy" of using conventional therapy to treat cancer. I was told, clear as day, that for the rest of my life I would be required to visit the hospital every six months, get scanned, and go back under the knife again should anything pop up. Chemo/radiation do nothing whatsoever to PREVENT this from reoccurring. NOTHING has been changed internally, regarding the health/environment within the body that allowed cancer proliferation in the first place.

What I am saying is... Whether you choose conventional therapy or not, you MUST undergo the "alternative" protocols regardless. Chemo/radiation is proven to INCREASE the overall risk of cancer. That is why after undergoing conventional therapy, within 5-10 years many people fall to yet another proliferation, this time worse. You must change your diet, lifestyle habits, supplement with cannabis/etc regardless. Conventional therapy does nothing to protect you long-term. If anything, the cancer risk is increased after conventional therapy.

The science behind chemo/radiation, as well as that of cannabis/cannabinoids/endo-C system are publicly available. I highly suggest everyone study them before making decisions.

As someone who has already ran the conventional cancer therapy gauntlet, I promise you that if myself or anyone close to me developed a cancer proliferation again, I would immediately begin therapy with RSO or equivalent potency whole-extract cannabis.

Whether you do it before, after or during conventional therapy, it's quite likely you may decide (or need) to do RSO anyways. If you read up on the actual experiences of caregivers/patients who utilize RSO, you WILL see the correlation of how conventional therapy thrashes the immune system and impedes the healing process. If I'm not mistaken, even Rick himself suggests vastly ramping up the frequency of how much oil you take, if you've already undergone chemo/radiation, because of how much more damage the body now has to heal.

It's up to you OP. Do your homework and follow your instincts. I would suggest at the least, implementing these protocols immediately whether you choose conventional therapy or not.

10. When deciding whether or not to use radiation and chemotherapy, it's important to remember that they are not intended to prolong life, only to improve the quality of life. Again, the purpose of radiation and chemotherapy is to improve the patient's quality of life, not to prolong the patient's life.

Most people who suffer the horror of radiation and chemo do so believing they are improving their chances of survival. Even the drug company's own literature on their chemo and radiation treatments state that they are not intended to prolong their patients' lives, only to improve the quality of life (and the 10-year survival rates are dismal).

Consequently, when choosing a treatment approach, it would seem foolish to take radiation or chemotherapy with the intent to prolong your life. Instead, they should be taken only if they improve the quality of your life. If you have any doubts about this, ask your oncologist.

11. #11 00Hassel, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    And here's one example of "anti-cancer" protocol that should be implemented IMMEDIATELY, regardless of whether you decide to take conventional methods or not:

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php/topic/31461-perfect-strainhigh-cbd-profile-for-making-ricks-oil/

You'll also find a lot of info on consuming/supplementing LOTS of Omega-3 oils, to build healthy cannabinoid receptors. Limonene, found in "citrus" cannabis but also naturally in lemons and lemongrass is very helpful against cancerous cells. Fresh squeezed lemon juice/lemongrass soups etc should be your new best friend. As you may have already found, there are countless other dietary suggestions to maximize the body's defense against cancer. Turmeric and dandelion are big ones, too.

In fact, I just wrote a health article about this news story:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/cancer-killing-dandelion-tea-gets-157k-research-grant-1.1248382

(This is the news story, not my article)

Basically, old man was sent home to die after doctors failed to treat his leukemia. A friend suggested drinking dandelion tea. Shockingly, several months later he went back to the hospital and they found his condition to have greatly improved - he kept up with the tea and it eliminated his leukemia. He suggested this to a friend who then did the same, and it saved him as well. Of course the docs were shocked.

Long story short, researchers have received a grant to identify and isolate the exact constituent of the dandelion herb that is responsible for the anti-cancer effects. Understand this clearly:

The herb, as a whole, has been confirmed to treat cancer (in this case it was Leukemia). That is present tense. It's already CONFIRMED!

What the researchers are being paid to do, is isolate the active constituent so it can be synthesized into a pharmaceutical drug.

Am I telling you that you should tell the hospital to F OFF, because you're going to chug RSO and drink dandelion tea to treat your cancer? NO!

But I am telling you that "conventional" is not the only route. The goal of this story is to help shed light on the fact that you would be doing yourself a great injustice to ONLY go conventional. Implement ALL protocol that you can, without counter-affecting one another. Drink dandelion tea, eat garlic, do raw smoothies, eat lemongrass soup like it's going out of style, etc etc.

These gifts are here for our advantage. They need to be utilized to maximize the body's defense against cancer.

The biggest point of all is scarred into the deepest realms of my mind, after my cancer experience:

Whatever you decide, act fast, because this is a race against time.

Can you back up this claim?

13. I dunno my mom got radiation treatment for a brain tumor 23 years ago and is still kicking today at 69 years old.  She also had thyroid cancer a few years ago and got that radiated.  She seems to keep living.  I'm not saying anything regarding RSO because I have no experience with it.  I am just sharing what I can.

14. I personally know 5 woman who underwent traditional cancer treatments for breast cancer and are still alive 10 years after the fact.  Just saying.

Uh, the blog post contains a link to the study's abstract, which links to the study. I figured anyone interested would click the links, but here's the article from The New England Journal of Medicine.

The study reviewed patients taking chemo for advanced metastatic lung or colorectal cancer and asks, "hould we be concerned that the majority of patients with these diseases provide responses suggesting that they do not understand that there is essentially no chance that the chemotherapy they are receiving will cure them?" This was a large study dealing with advanced cancers, but there are others, like this one that looks at newly diagnosed patients with various types of cancer at all stages of disease (stages I-IV). 

16. Thanks for all the replies ive taken time to read and think about each one.

Today I just consulted with the surgeon and he felt around my neck and other parts of my body.

Big day tomorrow!!! 9 o'clock appointment for an 11 o'clock biopsy.

Thankfully I'm put under anesthesia!! Has anyone undergone a biopsy and could explain the procedure, and what its like to be under anesthesia?

17. Some people seem to believe "conventional treatment" is doing the same things they did 40 years ago and nothing more. Nowadays conventional treatment includes diet and nutritional supplements. The oncologist usualy gives the patient a shopping list for the health food store on the first visit. Chemotherapy has improved considerably as well. Several chemotherapies routinely used today are plant derived. Some chemo agents like Interleukin-2 stimulate the immune system to attack only cancer cells. The "R" in the R-CHOP protocol I mentioned earlier is a monoclonal antibody that targets only cancer cells. Radiation therapy also has improved. They can more precisely direct the beams and cause less damage to near-by tissue.
    Yes, you should have follow-up scans to make sure the cancer hasn't returned and if someone thinks taking RSO means you don't need to, they're delusional. Even the guy who claims to have "cured" his prostate continues to check his PSA. He said his PSA started increasing (after what, two years?) and he blamed it on the pot not being decarbed.
    As far as the article Gemstoner is crowing about, it's an article about patients not understanding their prognosis, not about chemo not working. Read it again when you're not stoned. It's ironic the patients hear what they want to hear just like Gemstoner comprehends what he wants to believe.
    Look, I'm just trying to help SamsonNite with reality, not pipe dreams. Yes, there is some evidence whole plant extracts help cancer but not enough to jump in with both feet and flip off conventional medicine. Could you get the same results from extracting a pound of wheat grass or broccoli or reishi mushrooms or or yew tree needles?
    I know what I'm talking about. Aside from several friends and family members dealing with cancer (mother and father died of cancer in their early 60s), I have a degree in biochemistry and did cancer research when I was younger. And by research, I mean in a lab connected with a major medical school, wearing a lab coat, not "research" -- copy and pasting links to some marijuana activist's blog or doling out pot to "patients" because I'm their "care giver". Cancer is a serious, complex disease and there isn't a single magic bullet. Even with a diagnosis of lymphoma, there are several tissue types and the treatment results vary widely.
    SamsonNite-- if the biopsy is positive, let me know the tissue type. Even if it's not lymphoma, it may be a long road to find out what is going on and I wish you the best.