oil started crackling

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by iMedicated, Apr 12, 2014.

1. So I have this concentrate that is really dark and thick, and I've been using it out of an atmos rx jr. Didn't have any problems until today it started to crackle/sizzle. I smoked it before for a few days without it crackling but all of a sudden it just started. I just cleaned my pen (soaked it in alcohol then washed it out with water, then let it sit in a warm water bath overnight) so I thought it was my pen, but I took a paperclip and got a little bit of oil on it and lit it with a lighter and it caught flame, so I'm assuming there's still some tane in the oil. Weird, because it wasn't crackling a few days before. If it is indeed tane, how would I go about getting it out of the oil? It's only about a gram. New to concentrates so if I sound dumb sorry lol

2. Wait a minute, you cleaned your pen with alcohol, cool.  But why did you rinse it with water, and then a "warm water bath" overnight?  I am confused.  That is probably your problem.  Your concentrate also sounds a little dirty still.  Probably not gonna do any harm, but if you want to try and clean it put it on parchment paper.  Then put that on a skillet, if you have one, on low heat.  Like 100-120 if it goes that low.  If not you could buffer the heat with a pan or whatever.  If you don't have a skillet then put it in a pyrex dish sitting inside another pyrex dish filled with warm water.  That is a "warm water bath".  There are some good threads stickied in the "Harvesting and Processing" section on bho, and other concentrates.  Hope this helps.

3. Any temperature I mean oil temp.

4. rinsing it with water and the bath were to just make sure there wasn't any alcohol left in the chamber or anything. first time cleaning it so i was kinda paranoid about smoking alcohol lol. but that helps a lot, thanks i'll give it a try.

5. You realize alcohol will completely evaporate in minutes at room temp.  Keep water off you pen.