Should women be incorporated into infantry or combat roles in the military?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Apr 12, 2014.

1. According to wiki 88-92% of all roles in the IDF are open to female candidates, while women can be found in 69% of all positions. Whatever that means. It also looks like the Turks have a soft spot for females in the armed forces.

2. The majority of military jobs are non combat jobs

3. I say as long as they meet the same guidelines for everything, then sure.

4. True and I think thats what it shows.

5. Well the q here is combat arms MOS and are and should women be able to child those positions. (Infantry,cavalry,artillery, armour) not if there should be chicks in the army. There are tons of females in the armed forces tons. I in an honest sincerity and not because men are dominant over women and better, do not think females should be allowed in infantry, cavalry or armour roles. Field artillery maybe. The reason why I say this is most infantry and cavalry units are not going out on 1 day missions where they leave the fob and come back. That would be a different MOS such jobs females Are allowed. But instead infantry and cav units some time get air dropped via choppers or just convoy and get dropped off and they are gone for weeks at a time before going back to a fob or base where they could shower and clean up. Point being men can wipe their dicks off with a baby wipe and sand and bacteria is much easier cleaned. Females on the other hand in order to properly clean their genitals would not be able to just wipe with baby wipe. This over weeks and sometimes months can lead to infections and illness that could jeopardize the mission. In no way am I saying female couldn't hack it because I know some bad ass women.

6. I would vote yes only if they can pass the same physical qualifications as a male. Which would probably happen very rarely. 

I saw a trending piece on FB the other day, stating every single female who tried out for a US Army Ranger Regiment failed to pass selection. Made me chuckle. 

7. Tons of females do the males pt test scores. Army rangers bro that's the hardest school there is. You don't just say hey recruiter I wanna be a ranger. Doesn't happen you pick a job or mos then you do basic training, AIT or OSUT. OSUT. is only for combat mos(Infantry, Cav,armour and artillary. There are over 200 other jobs just in the army) also (females not allowed). Then after all of that only if your like top 6% of all soldier not just combat mos's then you might get told to just go to the school or you can ask to re-class your MOS to Ranger. They will look your records over and decided. Out if the 100% of selected candidates only about 40% graduate the school. If you do your a ranger if not you go back to your old unit and MOS. If you are a ranger and a damn good one out of the thousand or so you could then ask to go to SF. If a female was allowed to go combat arms then they should be treated equal and be able to be SF or Ranger bat. But I said before females are prone to more sickness from hygiene in the field than men. That is why they are not allowed. Being sick in the field is nothing to fuck around with. You jeopardize your fellow soldier and the mission. That is why the military does this. It has absolutely nothing to do with physical fitness.
    That being said I watched a female in the field pick up a 240B (big fucking crew served weapon) and shoulder fire that fucker. Durring a firefight on a patrol base we where holding.

8. #108 SmokinP, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Women should be incorporated into the warmachine without discrimination.

We hear a lot about equal rights so women should be allowed to martyr themselves beside their fellow Americans.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander....

Navy Seals 'BUDS' training is much harder than passing Ranger School from what I've seen. 

With all the order taught in the military it's a shame they didn't show you how to make paragraphs [​IMG]

10. My friend said due to the cultural differences the Afghanistan women wouldn't talk to the men so they had female Aux. Units come in after the Rangers and SF dudes to gather Intel. He said they gathered some good info this way. I just thought that was interesting.

11. #111 AnonymousBuds, May 13, 2015
    we had  two females in our unit because due to UCMJ males are not allowed to search women and due to sharia law women are not allowed to talk to men.
    yes BUDS training is way harder than ranger school. rangers are not the baddest of the bad. of course seals school is way harder than ranger school. whats your point????? the are 3 battalions of Rangers.

(grammer nazis fuck off)
    thats only like 8 sentences it is a paragraph.
    Or do you mean shorty paragraphs like this?
      Or maybe one that has two sentences? keeping it short but not to short. like this.

12. #112 SiriusWolff, May 13, 2015
    Honestly no. There's a few reasons behind that but i say no. Equality is great and all but this is combat we are talking about there's no room for political correctness or niceties. If they could qualify and pass the training i say they should be allowed i mean if  you can earn your way and pass the courses you earned it. Like Anonymous said though it's not easy even for men.

also as far as SEALS vs Rangers, you have to remember there are quite a few different specializations and levels in the Rangers. From aquatic to airborne.

You know who has won the majority of top sniper competitions the last 3 times? Army Marksman Corps. Although i think the who's training / what branch is better argument is futile.

13. #113 Vicious, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    No Delta love? We can agree the best SOF are the ones you don't hear about, right?

Completely related

[​IMG]

14. Yeah they sure should. Equality right? It's funny how that's only a factor when someone benefits from it.

15. So funny I was just thinking of this topic the other day and yes I believe they should, woman can do just as much damage as we could and could probably get a lot closer to the enemy than we ever could..

16. Could you imagine an army of women during that time of the month. To hell with nukes....WMD>>>>>women of mass destruction

17. lol I forgot about this thread

How's the initial phases of ranger school going for the ladies?