Should women be incorporated into infantry or combat roles in the military?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Apr 12, 2014.

1. #81 Vicious, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Aside from physical limitations and fraternization, do you think the typical women could be stable in and emotionally handle life in a 'war zone' or outside the wire? I've seen and dealt with PTSD with friends, family and in a clinical setting given my career and I'm grounded in my grounded in my belief that it is not a place for women.

They can't, read the fucking thread.

2. In the old days no. You needed men strength.

But now with technology there is no reason a woman cannot.figjt if she wants to

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #83 Vicious, Apr 19, 2014
    Tech won't change the fact that they're still fighting men, look at the video of the male marine boxing the army women. Watch the video about lowering the standard of entry and pull-up requirement, or the video where the women who served ended up infertile because of the the strain and chemicals she was given to boost performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjwtdhpcUzw

This a kill zone with units that are needed as superior, dominate, mobile, vicious, strong fighting force. Not a place of arbitrary equality.

4. the classic lowering of standards for women so that no one's feelings get hurt

5. It's not so that no one's feeling get hurt, it's Social Marxism.

6. #86 SaltyWarDog, Apr 19, 2014
    . No I don't think they can but that's an opinion were everything else is a fact , think about a battalion of pregnant women

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. The fact is there are certain situations that arise in infantry duty that dudes are just more equipped to handle.

I dont care how good of shape a woman is in, she could not carry all her infantry gear plus a wounded guy farther or faster than a big beefy dude. That guy is in just as good of shape except hes twice the bodyweight.

Its like that woman in the article said shed be selfish to put others at risk to live her dream

8. #88 Penelope420, Apr 19, 2014
    I've known women who could carry just as much weight as a man, and I've known plenty of beefy dudes who couldn't run more that 50 feet without falling down out of breath.

Don't get me wrong- a woman doing the job should be *just as qualified* as any of her male colleagues, which includes being able to carry the same amount of weight, running just as far and as fast, being able to operate the same equipment, etc. If a person is qualified, they are qualified. I don't see why a vagina would make a difference.

9. A vagina is not the difference in men and women we're discussing.

10. No woman could carry 300 pounds farther or faster than a big dude. Being in good shape is a given its just a dude has more strength at his disposal. Theres just no way around it

Also men can run faster than women all things being equal.

11. This was a year ago? So little has changed. 

>Last month, 19 women made the cut to begin Ranger School with Class 6-15

>Eight of them made it past the first week, progressing into the “patrolling” phase of training. Now, none remain.

>The women candidates were cut for a number of reasons, including negative observation reports from cadre and/or failing patrols. Some were also reportedly “peered out” by their fellow candidates.

>Those female candidates wishing to continue their training will recycle to Class 7-15.

http://www.havokjournal.com/nation/fort-benning-source-all-women-candidates-no-go-ranger-school/

12. Ranger school is no fucking joke.

But lol as I expected when I first heard of this.

For real, if any of them made it they deserve to operate. I'm against pandering and lowering standards.

14. #94 jas43, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    And thankfully the standards haven't been lowered, at least in ranger school.

That is a threat to everything.

15. I can't help but think of all the women fighting in combat rolls all over the globe, peshmerga, IDF or the conflict in Ukraine. Honestly, I don't know what to think. My buddy is in the AF (I know not front line troops) and he speaks highly of his female comrades during his multiple tours of duty.

16. I would have to do more research on the IDF but I did know about the female units getting hit harder than the male units by the Arabs.

17. Yeah.
    Those damn AY-rabs

18. I guess they find fighting women insulting.... I think it's one of the few successes they had.

19. This ^^^

Recently heard of a woman who failed the physical test for the FDNY but passed the written part essentially so her average score let her pass. That's ridiculous. Firefighters NEED to ALL pass the physical test. After all, lives depend on it.

But of course there are gonna be feminists who bitch and moan about how women are underrepresented in the FDNY blah blah blah more politically correct shit blah blah